• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S2 slow internet

Hi
Please can anyone explain why I am getting a much slower internet connection on my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 4.1.2 compared with my laptop. Both are connected to my home network wirelessly and my internet package is BT Infinity. My laptop can download at 70MB but my phone downloads at a max of 16MB. Is the download speed on the phone limited in some way??

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers
Gaz

Thanks both
Laptop was running at 70 over wireless, but it's settled down now to 50. The Infinity is brand new so was apparently in that 4 day post-installation settling in period. It's now consistently 50 over wireless.

But, regardless of the speed of the laptop's connection, is it normal for my S2 to download much slower than my laptop... 50mb versus about 16mb or 17mb and if so, why is this please?

Many thanks
Gaz

Upvote 0
Image1.jpg
73Mb over a wireless connection. Not an Ethernet cable in sight. Honest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones