Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Xoom

1. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

WiFi always gets updated first because the 3g/4g versions have to wait for the carrier to test and approve the update, which can take months.
    pcgamer likes this.
  2. Biku

Biku Active Member

Good news
  3. nexusfarmer

nexusfarmer New Member

My mom actually received 4.1.1 early this am on her xoom. My Xoom hasn't received it yet though. I'm not sad though because I was one of the first to get pics. Sweet. The notification bar is really nice. Lol she was so funny, she said the little android has a belly ache(when it was installing). I've cleared the google framework like 20 times and no luck.
  4. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

Nice
  5. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sweet!
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member

Just checked and no such luck here. Stock wifi xoom in US.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. ajore22

ajore22 Well-Known Member

I have a question about Jelly bean: What specifically makes it better than ICS? I already see better account management, but what else is there.
  8. pcgamer

idk... I'll tell ya when i can use mine. if your xoom is rooted, you can get a jb rom that's better than stock at xda ... there's not much development here for xoom at AF
  9. tonloc_45371

tonloc_45371 Active Member

Just got jelly bean. Woohoo. Now to figure out the differences.
  10. ajore22

ajore22 Well-Known Member

I have no desire to use a custom ROM. I might root, but I don't really care. It does everything I ask it too.
  11. pcgamer

Does it finally come with face unlock?
  12. commander24

commander24 Well-Known Member

Just got my jellybean update. Now its play time....

UPDATE: Make sure you reboot after the upgrade. It was pretty rough, lots of screen shudders and delays in screen transitions. Its buttery smooth after the reboot.
    pcgamer likes this.
  13. commander24

commander24 Well-Known Member

No face unlock. Maybe only a feature on phones.
  14. pcgamer

Lol, I was expecting that since ics...
  15. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

face unlock should be in the security settings as one of the options for unlocking the screen; I have ICS on my Asus Transformer and it supports face unlock as does my Evo 3D phone
  16. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Motorola didn't release Facelock for ICS and I don't think they have for Jelly Bean either, it's not in the custom ROM's.
  17. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

Xoom got JB ??
  18. Android4g63

Android4g63 New Member

It makes the tablet a much better performer, everything just operates very smoothly. I've always loved my xoom, more so than my iPad but the iPad did run a lot smoother than the Xoom with this update they are pretty close to one another in terms of operating smoothness.

The lag and hiccups are no more, the Xoom has definitely come a long way from the early days and the fact Motorola has continued to give this device updates a year and a half latervs the competitions limited options I would most definitely purchase a new model if one were ever made, assuming it comes out lag free.
  19. Android4g63

Android4g63 New Member

Heck yeah, definitely upgrade if you have one
  20. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member

Got my JB update last night. Haven't really done a lot but it does seem a little faster/smoother. Then again it was pretty fast/smooth before.
  21. tbzj7

tbzj7 Well-Known Member

Just got the jelly bean update, first time I've been able to use the new search feature that google has, works great! "Note to self Olympic games start at 6" Google - setting alarm for 6 o clock. Don't like the new blue " go " key on the keyboard, course I'll get use to that. Like the smoothness of everything, especially the home screens in portrait. Notification tray is much nicer now too.

Things I've found that don't work the greatest - mostly has to do with the stock browser, when I'm in bookmarks the icons flicker most of the time. Links icons and the like don't seem to be responsive, I have to click them numerous times, on Google I have to click the search bar numerous times to get the keyboard to come up. Also it seems as if the volume across the board is lower. Hopefully they're working on a fix.
  22. ras_thavas

ras_thavas Member

I got mine last night also. First thing I noticed was that it brought back the speed to my Xoom. It has been a little sluggish since the minor update they sent after ICS.
  23. Bren S.

Just got JB on my Xoom but when it restarted after the update it is now in safe mode?
    Why? And how do I get it out of safe mode?
  24. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Hey Bren, I think you just need to reboot it. May have just been a hiccup.
    Bren S. likes this.
  25. Bren S.

Yep I did that and all appears ok now. :) thanks