Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Xoom

Last Updated:

1. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

Now to get my swype back lol

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I'm not sure if it is an N7 thing or a Jelly bean thing, but when the power down menu appears you can long press "Power Off" and it will give you an option to reboot into safe mode. Just something to throw in the tool box.
  3. Mrhonestiv

Mrhonestiv New Member

jellybean upgrades sound nice, but Not enough to Loose the ablily to watch flash movies and tv shows in the standard browser ...

i might be alone in this feeling that i need my flash to be the best it can be, not struggling
    thanks but no thanks.

saying no to update
  4. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

you can always side load the apk file...
  5. Mrhonestiv

Mrhonestiv New Member

tell me that you sideloaded flash on your xoom and flash movies are every bit As Good as they were on ICS
  6. pcgamer

ill be sure to tell you when i get it charged up :)
  7. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

I already had flash and updated it BEFORE getting JB and it all works exactly the same.
  8. ajore22

ajore22 Well-Known Member

Does anyone who has gotten Jelly Bean notice any instability? During the last couple of days using ICS, I would have to reboot every 12-48 hours. Now that I have upgraded to JB, I have had MAJOR issues with stability. EG: when I open the notifications, the tablet will freeze, sometimes it will unfreeze, but most of the time it will reboot. Wi-Fi doesn't always reconnect (I always had problems with that, but now it's more common). Also, I don't think this is a problem, but I can't turn off animations, which adds to the stability issues.

Is there anyway to go back to ICS until there is another update?
  9. pcgamer

You can flash stock images from Motorola website
  10. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member

I'm now randomly getting a message regarding maps closing.
    marctronixx likes this.
  11. pcgamer

My tablet is finally charging, and first thing important doing is getting jellybean :D.
  12. ajore22

ajore22 Well-Known Member

Would you kindly provide a link?
  13. jvlang16

jvlang16 New Member

I'm now running ics since 280712. OK I guess lost movie studio had to search and download apk and install it XOOM seems to be more stable haven't done much with it since updated. I'm in NSW Australia.
  14. jimbo54

jimbo54 Member

Hi is anyone in uk got the update I’m still on GB
  15. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

I sideloaded flash on my xoom and flash movies are every bit As Good as they were on ICS

Enhanced Notifications are very nice.

I do wish we also had offline voice-to-text, though.
  16. Unforgiven

Go into Google Now | Settings | Voice and choose Download offline speech recognition.
  17. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

Slickly smooth...First impression. No jelly beans flying though on the start up. Couldn't find the face recognition, don't think its there
  18. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

jimbo54 likes this.
  19. prostang

prostang Well-Known Member

The volume up/DC bug exists on jelly bean too.
  20. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

the stock images are not for ics or jb they are for hc. you will have to let your xoom go through all the updates till you get to jb. If you still want them here they are. MOTODEV > Products > Device Software go down to your device and download them.
    marctronixx likes this.
  21. jimbo54

jimbo54 Member

yes sorry Honeycomb i'm a noob just wanted to know if anyone has had update ha ha
  22. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

It's not there.
  23. Unforgiven

Hmmm... ...wonder why it isn't available for the Xoom. Here is how that menu appears on my GNex.
  24. tbzj7

tbzj7 Well-Known Member

Nexus 7 has face unlock...
  25. pcgamer

Yeah, nexus 7 comes with jb... Might as well have all the features.