Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)Support

1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome Well-Known Member

Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part, but is there any chance that the Boost Mobile version of the HTV One SV will get the OFFICIAL (without rooting) update of Android's latest OS, Jelly Bean?

This will pretty much make or break my decision on whether or not I'm going to switch from VM's HTC Evo V 4G to the 'SV'. :confused:

Advertisement
    LilBit likes this.
  2. jsphmuckey

jsphmuckey Well-Known Member

I think it's possible! A lot more likely then the ZTE Warp Sequent getting the update lol
    LilBit likes this.
  3. WC Jerome

WC Jerome Well-Known Member

Alright! I just read a story online about an OTA update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) for the 'SV' available. Only, it didn't specify what country and I don't know where article originates from.

HTC One SV gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA Update

For anybody that owns this phone on Boost Mobile, can you verify whether or not this info is true?
  4. i4cbj45

i4cbj45 Well-Known Member

Haven't received the update yet. But I have read that international versions are already updating. It took a few months for Boost to update the sgs2 after the rest of the free world had already updated, so I'm thinking this is what we will experience on this device also.
    WC Jerome likes this.
  5. RonAbruzzi

RonAbruzzi New Member

I hope we get the update soon. I dont wanna root my phone but will if it comes down to it!
  6. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member

Working on a stock 4g 4.1 European rom. Will post something if it works out
    LilBit and Heloguy like this.
  7. carsalbuja

carsalbuja New Member

hey guys another boost mobile one sv user checking in, if anyone knows of the jelly bean update or a rom for us please post , it seems like every forum i go every body that owns the htc one SV is in England or Germany lol . this is the only thing keeping me from rooting my phone right now, as soon as JB is in im rooting! , meanwhile... any thoughts on how we got screwed with the JB update? the galaxy S2 has been in the market for almost 8 freaking months and gets the update first (2 weeks ago to be exact) while we keep waiting ..
  8. enzopreme

enzopreme Active Member

hows this coming along shin???
  9. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member

I got all but data working haven't had a lot of time to look into it anymore. I can post up my work if someone wants to check it out.
    LilBit likes this.