Android 4.2.1General

Last Updated:

1. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    Bob Loblaw1 likes this.
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I tried to update mine this morning and it said it was up to date. Does it do these small updates automatically somehow?
  3. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

Will this help my battery not drain so quickly?
  4. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

I had to be on wi-fi to get mine. And it did change to 4.2.1
    Banished Angel likes this.
  5. Banished Angel

Thank you for clarifying. I'm supposed to be getting my device tomorrow and can't wait to see 4.2.1 under the version number xD
  6. JunBringer

I was on wifi when I checked, but I'll check again tonight when I get home.
  7. cvu524

cvu524 Active Member

Instead of waiting for it to be pushed, go to Settings, then Apps, then All. Next scroll down to Google Services Framework and clear cache and force stop. Then go back to Settings, About Phone and check System Updates. I had to do this 5 times for it to push, so keep in mind you might have to keep repeating the process. Did both my nexus 4 and nexus 7 a few hrs ago and both updated to 4.2.1. I updated mine over cellular network.
    JunBringer and jeremy_inc like this.
  8. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

Mine just updated to 4.2.1 but I don't notice any difference.
  9. cvu524

cvu524 Active Member

4.2.1 was an update to fix the December calendar set up under People that's it other than a little update for gaming.... that's why the update is only 1.1 MB. Otherwise its still same old 4.2 Jellybean.
  10. jeremy_inc

jeremy_inc Well-Known Member

Had to clear data and force stop like cvu524 said, but it would only download once I connected to wifi even though it's only 1.1mb.

Real annoyed it doesn't fix the issue with Email and Gmail apps vibrating every time I get a message even though they're set to not vibrate.. Assume its at least another 2 week wait for a bug update argggghhh
  11. desarenezitic

desarenezitic Well-Known Member

I would assume with it being so small it doesn't interfere with root or is that foolish?
  12. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

It removed root for me.
    desarenezitic likes this.
  13. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

I thinked it's been christened "The JB Mayan Revision".
  14. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Do you use SuperSU, and did you have survival mode on?

I'm still waiting on my update, but if it removes root I know I will need to wait to update until I am at home and can reroot.
  15. mastewman

mastewman New Member

When I attempt to install the v4.2.1 update it is failing because I have modified my build prop file. Can someone please post their stock/generic v4.2 build prop file?

Thanks for your help...:)
  16. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

Yes I use SuperSU but not the pro version so no survival mode was not on. It did not remove the app, I only noticed I had lost root when I tried to use rom manager to flash something.
    chrlswltrs likes this.
  17. chrlswltrs

I keep checking for mine, and nothing :(
  18. Tinmania

Tinmania Member

Me either. Kinda not liking this slow roll-out thing, coming from an iPhone.

By the way I installed Voodoo OTA RootKeeper. I read at least one comment from an N4 owner who said it preserved their root.

Michael
  19. desarenezitic

desarenezitic Well-Known Member

Mine came today, used OTA root keeper and it worked a treat, just restored root after the update.
    chrlswltrs likes this.
  20. chrlswltrs

Ok, I installed it on mine. Still waiting for my OTA though.
  21. Banished Angel

I got my Nexus today and within 2 minutes of powering it on and connecting to wifi I got a notification to update. Got 4.2.1 installed, unlocked the bootloader, installed CWM, and rooted (in that order) within 20 minutes of holding the device. I feel accomplished for the day.
  22. JunBringer

My phone prompted me to update tonight when I got home from work, once I got on wifi. All updated now!
  23. chrlswltrs

Man, I'm still waiting :mad:

I had my phone activated on the 14th, as soon as the Tmobile store opened. Even the people that ordered their phone a day earlier from Google Play didn't have their phones yet. And, the first day the update was released my wife got it. Our phones were activated at the same time :(. She didn't even care about getting an update, she only has the phone because I told her that is what she wanted, she isn't into technology at all.

If I don't have the update by Saturday morning I'm going to go looking for an update.zip file...
  24. Banished Angel

chrlswltrs likes this.
  25. chrlswltrs

I got the OTA today, didn't update. There was an error.

Tried to manually flash the update using CWM... Didn't work

I rooted using the first available method on the 14th, I think that during the process I flashed a boot.img that is causing an error. I think I'm going to have to flash back to stock, update, and root again. Probably going to be later this week before I get the time to do all that. :(