• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.2.1

Instead of waiting for it to be pushed, go to Settings, then Apps, then All. Next scroll down to Google Services Framework and clear cache and force stop. Then go back to Settings, About Phone and check System Updates. I had to do this 5 times for it to push, so keep in mind you might have to keep repeating the process. Did both my nexus 4 and nexus 7 a few hrs ago and both updated to 4.2.1. I updated mine over cellular network.

Upvote 0
Do you use SuperSU, and did you have survival mode on?

I'm still waiting on my update, but if it removes root I know I will need to wait to update until I am at home and can reroot.

Yes I use SuperSU but not the pro version so no survival mode was not on. It did not remove the app, I only noticed I had lost root when I tried to use rom manager to flash something.

Reactions: chrlswltrs
Upvote 0
Man, I'm still waiting :mad:

I had my phone activated on the 14th, as soon as the Tmobile store opened. Even the people that ordered their phone a day earlier from Google Play didn't have their phones yet. And, the first day the update was released my wife got it. Our phones were activated at the same time :(. She didn't even care about getting an update, she only has the phone because I told her that is what she wanted, she isn't into technology at all.

If I don't have the update by Saturday morning I'm going to go looking for an update.zip file...

Upvote 0
I got the OTA today, didn't update. There was an error.

Tried to manually flash the update using CWM... Didn't work

I rooted using the first available method on the 14th, I think that during the process I flashed a boot.img that is causing an error. I think I'm going to have to flash back to stock, update, and root again. Probably going to be later this week before I get the time to do all that. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones