• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.2.2 JB Downgrade to 2.3.6 GB for Galaxy W GT-I8150

ramoj

Lurker
Dec 25, 2013
Hi All,

Good Day!

I have an upgraded Android 4.2.2 for my Samsung Galaxy Wonder GT-I8150 but somehow I just don't like the way the battery drains faster. I would like to revert back the changes I did, I want to downgrade back to 2.3.6 Gingerbread.

I used Odin when I upgraded my phone to 4.2.2 and just followed the tutorial in the internet sites and downloaded the necessary files to upgrade.

Now I am currently looking for the tar file for 2.3.6 but for now I have no luck because the hotfile site was already shutdown. But I am still hoping to find one.

Here are my questions:

1. Is the procedure of downgrading is the same with Upgrading?
2. If ever I could not able to find the tar file or the image for 2.3.6, is it possible to use the image that I backed up when I was upgrading to 4.2.2? If so, Can you give me the details or procedures on how to do it please?

Any replies are highly appreciated.

Thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones