Android 4.2.2 - saw this article on lineGeneral

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

This is only for the GSM model I believe, not Verizon.
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

If this ends up being official, that makes Verizon models 4 revisions behind :(
  3. jhonb

jhonb Well-Known Member

The Verizon version will not be out until March...........2015
  4. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

It does appear to be official. I haven't seen it yet, but Google apparently is rolling it out OTA. Hopefully I'll see it in a couple of days. From what I can find, there are no new features; just bug fixes, particularly with Bluetooth.
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

You can download it and install it manually of you like. Some one logcat the host and they have it now.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

A lot of the new features are beginning to hit the webs.
  7. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

As the above mentioned it won't work on the VZW model. Just want to remind everyone of that.
  8. Droid Samurai

Droid Samurai Well-Known Member

This is why i'm done with verizon after my contract is up, if you dont root/rom, mod etc ur pretty much screwed when it comes to updates lol.
  9. M_Shaaban

M_Shaaban Well-Known Member

10. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

did 4.2.2 fix wi-fi disconnect issue after wakening the phone?
  11. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

They really screwed up the toggles with this update. I don't understand what the hell they are thinking.

The whole quick settings toggles was a bad idea to begin with but with the implication of the right side pull down to access them, I've gotten used to it.

But changing the toggle function to long press instead of click and long press to settings is just stupid. It's backwards. There's no logic behind changing it and making it harder.

I for one will be staying on 4.2.1 unless aokp chooses not to implement this feature.
  12. dhworph

dhworph Well-Known Member

4.2.2 source isn't available on AOSP for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus there yet...

I think once you see android-4.2.2_r1 here, then roms will be a plenty...
  13. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

is that the issue where the wifi and cell signal icons go gray, signifying that it has no internet connectivity, and will take a few seconds because it resumes connection?
  14. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I really like Android, but in the various versions I've had and OTA updgraded to, Google always seem to make certain changes that are a backwards step from how it did it before and make the end user experience worse for it. I wonder what type of usability testing they do.
  15. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

the right side pull down is not a phone function...it is only for tablets. the only way to directly pull down to the quick settings on a phone is a double swipe down on the notification bar. the right side pull down on phones was only done on Custom ROM's

as for the toggles, how can you say it is a step back? they weren't even toggles on stock 4.2.1. again, thinking you may be thinking custom rom features (one click toggles) are stock, and they aren't. while i would have liked a single click "toggle" this longpress toggle is already 5X better than stock 4.2.1 and its lack of a true toggle quick setting.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  16. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

Yes. But unfortunately im still experiencing this problem.. Before 4.2.2 only Wifi acted this way but now mobile data does this also. Im still getting all notification anyway. .. Not sure why this is acting this way. 4.1 didn't have that though