Android 4.2 keyboardTips

1. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

This does not require root and works with the stock ICS rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1964663

This is the new 4.2 keyboard with google's version of Swype. It will work on ICS 4.0 or higher.

You can download the APK and put it on your sd card. Then open with Astro file manager to install it.

You'll have to go to your settings menu and put a check next to it so it will show up in your list.

If for some reason you're using a ROM that already has the latin-ime keyboard in it (like AOSP related) you'll have to flash the keyboard in. But I don't think we've gotten that far yet, but I'm letting you know for future reference.

Advertisement
    :
  2. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

I don't like it, Swype beta is better
  3. Nokoko

Nokoko Well-Known Member

I actually prefer it to Swype Beta, I was getting a lot of lag and weird word suggestions. This is actually really good.
  4. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

Yeah swype lags too much for me and this is really fast.
  5. IMUcarmen

That's weird. I get no lag with Swype but this lags bad lol. Very strange.
  6. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

I type really fast.
  7. IMUcarmen

i dont type, i swipe. But i swipe fast and even if i didn't that would make even less sense since that would mean the 4.2 keyboard lags even though I swipe slow.

But yea, very strange that swype beta runs flawless for me and 4.2 lags since you and stonent both say the opposite.
  8. wingnut2626

wingnut2626 Active Member

What about smart keyboard?
  9. IMUcarmen

10. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I noticed the 4.2 keyboard is more intuitive than the 4.1 is. I prefer SwiftKey, but set up on 4.2 was a lot easier with the new keyboard.
  11. Nokoko

Nokoko Well-Known Member