• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 4.3 failing even after flashing stock recovery

==================
Detailed Analysis
==================

- you have 1 frozen system apps; this may impact the ability of the OTA's apply_patch script to update these apps and cause the OTA install to fail

- there were 1 failed expressions; see below for the details about these tests that will cause your OTA install to fail

- there were no bypassed expressions (good!)

-------------------------------
Frozen system apps analysis:

1. ASUS Keyboard

statistics:

frozen system apps: 1
success count: 466
fail count: 1
ignore count: 465
partition count: 2
protected count: 2
bypassed count: 0

updater-script analysis details:

FAILED: line #290:

assert(apply_patch_check("/system/bin/debuggerd", "a2323a0c8e245e3879d6b8beff6b2c4802045271", "df2e705da097e4d535b4f4d98fab3bd76601e76c"));

(the above text has been copied to the clipboard)

Last time scary made me an otaverify.zip

If I open it and use it again. I get a debuggered file problem just like last time.
Last time he gave me his debuggered file and that fixed it.

Upvote 0
Hey guys! :wavey:

Thanks for the heads-up, jmar! :thumbup:

Yeah, we figured-out that the Asus keyboard does come frozen on stock (different language version, etc.?). I don't think you need to mess with the one you have...

Hey Modman! How's it going? :)

So is that OTA Verifier output what you had last time or is that a new run?

When an OTA file is downloaded, it will (should) be in the /cache folder, so when it comes again (or we can probably force it to), check in that directory and see what the scoop is.

You can also take a peek in the /cache/recovery/log file for the details on why the OTA actually failed. If you could post that log file here, that would be great!

Will be watching and waiting :).

Upvote 0
assert(apply_patch_check("/system/bin/debuggerd", "a2323a0c8e245e3879d6b8beff6b2c4802045271", "df2e705da097e4d535b4f4d98fab3bd76601e76c"));
I had the 'debuggerd' error and a kind soul took pity on me and sent it. I replaced the problem one (probably from installing Stickmount) and flashed the 4.3 update zip file in custom recovery successfully. Let me know if you still need the good 'debuggerd' file. It should let you take the OTA update with your stock recovery.

Upvote 0
I had the 'debuggerd' error and a kind soul took pity on me and sent it. I replaced the problem one (probably from installing Stickmount) and flashed the 4.3 update zip file in custom recovery successfully. Let me know if you still need the good 'debuggerd' file.

OMG, that is awesome, Groid! Thanks and :thumbup:!

Interesting bit of info about Stickmount being the possible culprit...

Yeah, if you have it for Modman, that's a whole lot easier than me booting-up my Linux box, downloading the factory image, mounting the /system partition (though some voodoo I have to lookup in my notes :p), and sending it to Modman.

I'm happy to do that if need be, though :).

Reactions: jmar and Modman
Upvote 0
==================
Detailed Analysis
==================

- you have 1 frozen system apps; this may impact the ability of the OTA's apply_patch script to update these apps and cause the OTA install to fail

- there were no explicitly failed expressions (good!)

- there were no bypassed expressions (good!)

Frozen system apps analysis:

1. ASUS Keyboard

statistics:

frozen system apps: 1
success count: 467
fail count: 0
ignore count: 465
partition count: 2
protected count: 2
bypassed count: 0

(the above text has been copied to the clipboard)

Which means every time you reflash recovery debuggered gets corrupted. Solved. Now if only I could get that stupid ota prompt back to complete the update and reflash twrp.

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones