Android 4.3General

1. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    Colchicine, Ziani, EdLaJoie and 2 others like this.
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Are there any major UI changes between 4.2/4.3? Or is this more of a "minor tweak" update for S4 owners?
  4. mike145

mike145 Well-Known Member

5. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

6. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Multi-user is probably only a tablet feature. Faster switching was a nice improvement on the N7.

I wonder if installing this update, when it comes, will prevent me from using the older version of Google Maps?
  7. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

8. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm currently using probam Rom which is based on cyanogenmod 10.2 (android 4.3) and the permissions thing is really nice feature. For instance I've prevented Facebook app from read or writing data on my phone and a few other permissions. It can take a long time to go through them but if you know already of specific ones..... otherwise I believe it's minor things under the hood similar to 4.2

As someone else mentioned about ability to have users on it, cyanogenmod does allow this feature but obviously requires root which is not for everyone :)
  9. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

I really like the design on the Samsung keyboard. But I'll never use it without auto correct. I'm currently using the Google keyboard. I sure wish they would add in auto correct for the keyboard
  10. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

That's a good question. I'm using the older version of Google maps/Nav. too. Like it much better then the current version.
  11. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

shmn likes this.
  12. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

"Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 support – display song names on a car stereo."

I'm pretty sure our phones have this now. At least my SGS4 does. I noticed after we first got them that streaming mp3's to my Kenwood would display song information where our HTC Evo LTE's would not. Maybe they're adding more support for album cover thumbnails or something. That would be cool.
  13. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Will receiving this update unroot ur phone?
    Also, i didn't read the article, but from some replies and things ive heard, they are doing away with navigation? I actually really like my little blue triangular friend :( this true?
  14. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Member

Any idea how this will affect those of us who have rooted, but not replaced out boot loader?

The features are intriguing, but I don't want to give up my Titanium Backup, and it's ability to freeze/uninstall bloat.
  15. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Haha jinx
  16. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

Will all the carriers send out the update or is this just for the big 3
  17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That's up to the carriers for support. This early on I'd expect most to get it
  18. The_Ty

The_Ty Well-Known Member

I 2nd this, no idea why they got rid of pegman.

Does anyone know which was the last version of maps and street view to have pegman, and a possible download?