Android 4.4.4 pushing on VerizonGeneral

Last Updated: 2014-08-03 17:43:20
  1. imyth

imyth Member

Just had 4.4.4 OTA download hit on Verizon...installing now..

Advertisement
    lbump, RobertB-DC, Grey1001 and 2 others like this.
  2. RobertB-DC

RobertB-DC Well-Known Member

Unlocked version (on T-Mobile network) is still at 4.4.3, says I'm still up to date.
  3. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks Motorola should have made sure xt1053 users received this update before anyone else? Motorola pushed an update that had a security flaw in it and VERIZON gets the fix before I do... That's not cool in my book.
  4. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

I'm on Verizon 4.4.3, still says I'm up to date also.

It'll get here when it gets here I guess.
  5. emmzone22

emmzone22 Well-Known Member

Really, Verizon and 4.4.3. I have Verizon also, but with 4.4.2.
  6. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

As I understand it, 4.4.3 did not add the security flaw, the flaw in OpenSSL was found in February and existed in previous Android versions. However, the flaw was corrected in OpenSSL around the time Google released 4.4.3, which is why Google then rushed 4.4.4 out. My guess is that Motorola was already working on the 4.4.3 upgrade for Verizon when 4.4.4 came out and they just tacked on the OpenSSL fix, rather than having to patch the Verizon phones twice.
  7. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

If you're referring to the Droid series, they were still sitting on 4.4, while the X was on 4.4.2. So the Droids were still sitting on the update from last fall. I understand wanting the latest and greatest on your phone, but they were much further behind the X line. They were even last to get the original 4.4 update. Give em a break.
  8. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

The XT1053 is the "unlocked" or T-Mobile version of the Moto X. The poster you quoted is complaining that the "open" version of the phone wasn't updated before the one that required carrier approval.

FWIW, my XT1060 (Verizon Moto X) is still on 4.4.2 and shows no updates available.
  9. Grey1001

You are correct, I was thinking about my tablet, which now does have 4.4.4
    emmzone22 likes this.
  10. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Well-Known Member

This ^.
  11. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

Ahh OK. I don't pay any attention to the model numbers, most just say unlocked version. It's possible they have an agreement with the carriers to update their models first, otherwise don't know.
  12. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

As I mentioned above, the Verizon version was the only Moto X version not updated to 4.4.3. My guess is that Verizon got 4.4.4 first because they were already working on upgrading the Verizon version to 4.4.3 when 4.4.4 came out and decided to skip 4.4.3 on Verizon, with 4.4.4 being a small update that merely had a critical fix.
  13. emmzone22

emmzone22 Well-Known Member

I just got 4.4.4 with Verizon.
  14. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

As if on queue, my Moto X on Verizon had the 4.4.4 update waiting for me this AM when I woke up.
  15. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

Ive been hearing of a battery drain issue with 4.4.4 on the moto x, can anyone confirm?
  16. Grey1001

Installing now. :)
  17. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I sure hope not, downloading now.
  18. Grey1001

So far no problems, battery use doesn't seem to be an issue.
  19. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Same here.
  20. imyth

imyth Member

My battery seems to be running about the same as before the update. No problems so far..