1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Android 4.4.4 update again?Support

1. Alistair Dsouza

Alistair Dsouza New Member

I updated my Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.4 a month ago. Now for the second time I've gotten a notification that a system update is available. When I check it, it's for the same build - Android 4.4.4 KTU84P. Not sure what to do. Can't get rid of the notification until I update it, right? Is it safe to install the same update twice?
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Are you 100% positive you are already on 4.4.4?

If you are stock and non-rooted, I don't see any harm in letting it try to update again. I would think it would fail though.
  3. Alistair Dsouza

Yup. Definitely on 4.4.4 already. Also non-rooted and 100% stock. I've tried searching online but haven't been able to find anyone else with the same problem. Weird.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Where are you located? I think Google is pushing out 4.4.4 R2 for some countries to fix some carrier related issues.

Edit: But that will be a different build - KTU84Q
    Installing the same build again shouldn't cause any issues. But it is certainly strange if it is the same build a second time.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

That is true, forgot about that. They pushed it out for australia and a few other countries. I had a thread about it here, lemme find it

Edit:
    http://androidforums.com/nexus-5/858877-android-4-4-4_r2-rolling-out-nz-aus-india.html

So if you are in India, new zealand, or Australia, its an update fixing some radio incompatibilities with local carriers.

Edit again: I just noticed this is your first thread. Welcome to the forums! :D
    Unforgiven likes this.
  6. chukka63

chukka63 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it.There will be another update along soon to fix all the bugs in the previous one,lol.And so the update wheel keeps turning :D
  7. Prabakar_np

Prabakar_np New Member

I am in India. I have already updated to 4.4.4 and I'm getting the update again..what you did?updated again? Did it cause anything? Everything is fine. Right? Can I go ahead and update? Please let me know
  8. Rxpert83

Welcome to the forums! :D

Yes, go ahead and do the update. It contains a new radio which should help with connectivity in your area. :)
    xdrc45 likes this.
  9. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

You are VERY patient :)
  10. ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX Well-Known Member

11. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

I'd have hit ok as soon as I saw there was an update :D

Then again I sideload updates as soon as they're available I'm that impatient, even if the update has issues I embrace new stuff! ha
  12. Alistair Dsouza

Ok first up thanks for all the helpful replies. Secondly, you guys were right. It is a slightly different build. I just updated. I had no idea Google rolled out a second version of 4.4.4. And yes I'm in India.
    Thanks again!
    xdrc45, Unforgiven and Rxpert83 like this.
  13. Prabakar_np

Prabakar_np New Member

I updated but I couldn't see any difference in UI.. Is there anything we could see as part of this update or it is part of bug fixes?
  14. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Try clicking the link in Rxpert83's earlier post in this thread, and read the first sentence in the first post there.
  15. Rxpert83

Its only radio fixes. There will be no UI changes.
    xdrc45 and Unforgiven like this.