• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 4.4 rumor

LG Android Kitkat 4.4 & 4.4.2 Update Schedule, ETA, Features

btw Q3 started on July 1st, so we should be expecting KK under 90 days. Q3 ends on the last day of September. Kind of a bummer, wanted it now so i could start working on SimplicityXL 3.0.0 since i have nothing better to do for the next 2 months. starting September 1st im back in classes for college so SimplicityXL 3.0.0 will take a long while before release, at least thats what im assuming, if my schedule isnt too congested then i'll work on as fast as i can.

Reactions: Techlord
Upvote 0
Like I started before... It's all marketing on lg's part they will wait till the very least minute so they can say it's new and improved with out doing to much for the holidays

Like i said the first time, Doubt it;). LG has release a lot of boost phones since the F7 was released, and they are all running KitKat with their fancy knock code software. Our sister phone in Korea was updated in April dude, APRIL:thinking: let that sink in for a sec. They're not doing it as a marketing strategy, they do it whenever they get to it. I saw a Leaked schedule a few months back and the F Lineup of phone were in the list for 3rd quarter.
The 3rd Quarter started Last month and will end on the 30th next month. The International F6 was updated to KK last month, so that OTA was right on time with the ETA for 3rd Quarter. No holiday is near in sight, when does LG even advertise any of the F lineup? The first and last time i saw LG advertised any of the F lineup was at the MWC conference when they first revealed the phone. LG only cares about one phone and one phone only, can you take a guess at what phone that is:rolleyes:? Cause it sure as hell ain't a mid range device on a prepaid network my friend.

If none of the USA F line up of phones get KK at the very latest September 30th, were not getting KK at all. By now we should all knew LG were a**hole's when released this phone with a major defect in GPS and refused to help with it. I'm surprised we all had faith in them including me, for a KK OTA when they wouldn't even fix the one issue that was wrong with this device. Save your money and avoid LG, unless its their flagship device, which by the has no development, roms or kernel because of the locked bootloader. So if you need to root and take full control of your device, go to some other manufacturer. Such as Moto or HTC.

Upvote 0
Chev I'm getting a moto or Sony phone next. I would get a nexus but the lack of micro SD card puts me off. I might even get a moto g 4glte. Specs similar to the f7 but with a quad core processor. And likely more support. I enjoyed the f7 as my first smart phone. Plus your ROM made things a lot better. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Like i said the first time, Doubt it;). LG has release a lot of boost phones since the F7 was released, and they are all running KitKat with their fancy knock code software. Our sister phone in Korea was updated in April dude, APRIL:thinking: let that sink in for a sec. They're not doing it as a marketing strategy, they do it whenever they get to it. I saw a Leaked schedule a few months back and the F Lineup of phone were in the list for 3rd quarter.
The 3rd Quarter started Last month and will end on the 30th next month. The International F6 was updated to KK last month, so that OTA was right on time with the ETA for 3rd Quarter. No holiday is near in sight, when does LG even advertise any of the F lineup? The first and last time i saw LG advertised any of the F lineup was at the MWC conference when they first revealed the phone. LG only cares about one phone and one phone only, can you take a guess at what phone that is:rolleyes:? Cause it sure as hell ain't a mid range device on a prepaid network my friend.

If none of the USA F line up of phones get KK at the very latest September 30th, were not getting KK at all. By now we should all knew LG were a**hole's when released this phone with a major defect in GPS and refused to help with it. I'm surprised we all had faith in them including me, for a KK OTA when they wouldn't even fix the one issue that was wrong with this device. Save your money and avoid LG, unless its their flagship device, which by the has no development, roms or kernel because of the locked bootloader. So if you need to root and take full control of your device, go to some other manufacturer. Such as Moto or HTC.

sprint LG 2012 flagship phone, optimus-g, stucked only at android 4.1.2
so, beware of LG :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones