• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 5.1.1 rolling out for the S6

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Samsung have started to roll out Android 5.1.1 to the worldwide, international, model of the Galaxy S6 Edge, SM-G925F, on the un-carrier branded model for the United Kingdom and Ireland on Product code XEU and CSC code...

OXA = United Kingdom/Ireland

Changelist = #5012324

Check both OTA and via Kies for the update.

Competent users can download the firmware and flash via Odin...

Model SM-G925F
Model name GALAXY S6 Edge
Country United Kingdom / Ireland
Version Android 5.1.1
Changelist 5012324
Build date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 22:28:37 +0000
Product code XEU
PDA G925FXXU2BOFJ
CSC G925FOXA2BOFJ

(Coincidentally, Android 5.1.1 is also starting to roll out to the Galaxy S5 today)

Last edited:
I am in the US and I got this update days ago. I was really hoping there would be a fix for the battery issues but my battery is still the same. Ugh

My bad nicolett for not checking the carrier branded, minority variants! :rolleyes:

Speaking of which... US Cellular model, G920R4, is now receiving Android 5.1.1...

Model SM-G920R4
Model name GALAXY S6
Country USA
Version Android 5.1.1
Changelist
Build date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 12:50:10 +0000
Product code USC
PDA G920R4TYU2BOF7
CSC G920R4USC2BOF7

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well, is it any good? Any improvements? My finger is twitching on the update button.......

So far after my OTA update (a novelty for a phone I own) that went as smooth as silk, battery seems better, but the thing I've noticed is the aggressive RAM handling is... GONE! Hurray! Currently 19 apps running and they all respond like they should, phone as quick and as smooth as ever. :)

Upvote 0
So far after my OTA update (a novelty for a phone I own) that went as smooth as silk, battery seems better, but the thing I've noticed is the aggressive RAM handling is... GONE! Hurray! Currently 19 apps running and they all respond like they should, phone as quick and as smooth as ever. :)
All working great here on 5.1.1 as well!

Reactions: dynomot
Upvote 0
I have seen no improvement to my battery issues after the update. Do I need to do a factory reset in order to see improvement. I'm thinking I am have just been sent a phone with a bad battery or bad phone. When I restart my phone, it gets stuck on the T-Mobile screen for 20 minutes before loading up. Something has got to be wrong there because my hubby's phone takes just a couple minutes to turn on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones