• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android A2000 Help

Dyesx

Lurker
Aug 5, 2012
Hey im a a new at this whole android forum thread thingy, but i need some help. I recently bought a phone called the Star A2000 its a Chinese clone of the HTC HD 2 i think and everything works fine except 1 thing. Im a prepaid card user for t mobile. Like i go and get those minute cards and then get them on my sim etc. When i put my sim into this Star A2000 phone i cant get any service. It says that the sim has no service. I have checked on my old phone and the sim works fine, its got minutes on it and everything. I contacted t mobile and they couldnt figure out what to do. When i try the mobile network operators the phone cant seem to find T mobile. It finds one called AT T and one thats just a bunch of random numbers. Now does this mean that the phone is not unlocked or is it not set right do i need to change some settings in it like maby switching the GSM thing from what its on to like the american 1800 code thing. Im not sure im kinda new to all this so if someone has experienced the same issue or maby knows whats wrong if they could help me out id really appreciate it. Thanks :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones