Android Accessibility - Mono Sound?

Last Updated:

1. GimmieSpaceRock

GimmieSpaceRock New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, My iPod Touch has an accessibility option to output in mono. As I am deaf in one ear, I just *love* this because it means that I no longer lose one half of the stereo signal. Instead, I get a mono mix in each ear which suits me fine. I know that I could just get a stereo->mono jack adapter however I understand that these can damage the amplifier of my phone/iPod and I also don't like the additional 'leverage' they exert against the headphone socket. I can't find an option for this in the settings of my HTC Desire. Does anyone know of any way of getting mono output or perhaps a media player app that will output in mono? Cheers Mike

Advertisement
  2. metalelf0

metalelf0 New Member

I'd love to know this too, as I am in your same situation. I'm also deaf on one ear and I'd love to be able to listen to music from my Motorola Milestone without converting it. If anybody knows of an equalizer app or a media player which supports this, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

3. rubinscube

rubinscube Well-Known Member

format factory at download.com is what I use and it's free:D

4. theROMmonster

theROMmonster New Member

Hi, I know this thread is quite old so sorry, but did anyone find a solution to this issue as I'm also deaf in one ear and would really like to output mono audio.
    Thanks

5. DonkeyBarf

DonkeyBarf New Member

PowerAMP allows you to output in mono in its EQ settings. Thought I'd add a solution to the thread :)

DB

6. PressureDrop

PressureDrop PressureDrop VIP Member

Yes, I hear that some phones have a mono output setting, but my DROID Turbo does not seem to :-(

(and I too am 100% deaf in one ear, so it would be nice!)

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

On sound balance, simply tip the scale to the R or L, where ever your good ear is. Depending on your app used, location can differ.

8. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

But if it's stereo that will still only give one channel. Won't matter for voice, but for music you need an app which can do mono (see suggestion earlier in the thread).

funkylogik likes this.
  9. Mike Stonehenge

Mike Stonehenge New Member

PowerAMP is the music player to get if you need to toggle mono audio. I'm deaf in one ear and PowerAMP works perfectly.