Android all hype no real world use

Last Updated:

1. cornickle

cornickle New Member This Topic's Starter

I Have had a HTC magic now for 6 mths. The verdict rubbish. I want multiple email accounts. cant do it. I want to be able to talk on skype, cant do it. I want to download and use Bloomberg application says it can but cant. Iphone will always be 2 steps ahead. A poor attempt at an operating sytem and support google.

Advertisement
  2. tripy

tripy Member

I have "upgraded" my magic to AOSP 2.1, and there is multiple account support. Or it seems, I have not tried it, as I only use one.
    http://planetmax.co.in/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=188&start=0

[​IMG]

I have seen the skype client too, but again, as I am not a skype client, I have not tested it.
    And as for bloomberg, like the previous, never tried.

Jut to say that there is hope!

3. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

i have the eris on verizon and i can set up more than one email account.i did it when i first got the phone but the phone was always beeping because of a new email i just have one now it was driving me crazy.

4. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Actually you can have multiple email accounts, even on 1.5. You can only have one 'push' accound, but you can use POP/IMAP with the Email app to add others. Want to talk on Skype? Yes, the official skype app sucks, so just use the Fring app (free in the market). What's your problem with the Bloomberg app?

5. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

You can have as many PUSH accounts as you want - try K-9 Mail. I use it for my Gmail (as IMAP), Hotmail and IMAP accounts. If your IMAP server supports it (and Gmail does) then K-9 Mail has an option to enable IMAP PUSH. I get my IMAP email on my phone before I get it on the desktop.

6. timmyjoe42

timmyjoe42 Well-Known Member

I will second the K-9 Mail recommendation. It is a great program.

I can't speak for skype since I have an unlimited plan. International calls, I use a prepaid phone card that recharges automatically. At $0.02 a minute internationally, I can't beat that for anything.

7. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Don't feed the trolls.

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

iPhone
    When I watch TV, I haver to turn it off to get a drink. I have half of my drink, then throw it away to put on the TV again. I want to read the TV guide, i turn off the tv, read the tv guide. close the tv guide, turn on the tv.

android
    Watching TV, having a drink whilst enjoying my fave series. Check whats coming up later on.

Boom shakalaka.

9. epuiatti

epuiatti Well-Known Member

Epic comment, will remember this for future iPhone versus Android arguements :D

10. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Hold on. There's a huge difference between

and

"The HTC Magic doesn't work for me" which is actually what you're saying.

My Droid has plenty of real world use for me. Any solution (even your almighty iPhone) isn't going to suit everyone out there.

11. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

The Hero is great for me. I am really happy with it. I can set it up just how I like. I like to tinker and mess about. It's also much more stablethan my WinMo handsets ever were.

My daughter on the other hand, she's 22 and not at all techie. For what she wants out of a phone the iPhone might indeed be better - for her. She has Blackberry right now and does not use it to anything like its full potential.

12. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Why are you guys replying to this troll? He's probably mbell or one of his other schitzo personalities. They need to mac address ban him. Really. He has one post. He's a troll.

/Close Thread

Oh wait, I can't.

13. vonfeldt7

vonfeldt7 Well-Known Member

Hmm... my advice would be to get an iPhone. Android is clearly too complicated for you.

I would also advise living in a padded room with a straitjacket. See if you can get some kind of combo deal... iPhone + 5x5 padded room for $500/mo.