android and apple

Last Updated:

1. slacker_221

slacker_221 Member This Topic's Starter

So I plugged my mytouch fender edition into a friends Mac computer via usb to charge it and it deleted all of my text messages. Everything else still works perfect. Does anyone know if plugging it into a Mac would do that?

Advertisement
  2. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Steve is jealous and "sees everything." You're lucky he didn't erase the phone.

Seriously though, those 2 things (text messages and plugging into a Mac) should have absolutely no connection (no pun intended). It must have just been coincidence.

3. slacker_221

Yeah i thought it might be a coincidence too but i have never had a problem with my phone, ive never even had to reboot my phone because it was lagging it has always ran great (except for the notorious text jumping). but as soon as I plug it into the mac it started lagging and suddenly all my text messages were gone. i unplugged from the mac and rebooted and it still runs perfect minus the no text messages. has anyone else plugged a mytouch into a mac?

4. HotGhettoMess

HotGhettoMess Well-Known Member

I have, but I didn't encounter any issues at all; nothing was deleted, everything was where they should've been.

Perhaps you mounted the SD card to the Mac without unmounting it? That's the only thing I can come up with.

5. Ryco

Ryco Member

I have an iMac and I mount my fender to it and that has never happened to me.

6. slacker_221

Hmmmm ok it probably was just coincidence then, because i didnt even mount it i just plugged it into it to charge and it happened. Also i know that it is bad for the battery to charge a ipod of a laptop, is that the same case with these phones?

7. Ryco

Ryco Member

I never heard that before so I have no idea

8. slacker_221

yeah i believe that the power coming out of a laptop via usb is different from a desktop im not sure if it is the wattage or the current of the power supply on a laptop but it is different from a desktop and doesnt charge it as well and is bad for the batteries of a ipod, but not sure if its the same for phones...

9. Ryco

Ryco Member

I would suspect it would not be good for any battery if its not good for one. Good thing I do not have a laptop but if I did I would try not to charge my phone with it just in case.