Android and Apps

1. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Well-Known Member

Like me and you, I like installing Apps from the Google Play Store. Things I consider before installing an app is its reviews and developer name. Just be on the safe side of viruses. But I have found that the more apps I install and uninstall, there are folders left over from the apps on the storage. It annoys me when my storage is full of empty folders and ones with small pointless files in.

Are there ways to fully uninstall apps from the system, no traces of files etc left. Another app maybe? It couldn't be that hard to develop an app which monitors what apps add to the system upon install, and then goes to delete all those changes when the user wants to uninstall?

I feel the iPhone doesn't have this issue with remaining folders/files?

Advertisement
  2. javasirc

javasirc Well-Known Member

I too hate the folders being left behind. I was in looking at the folders and i was like.... but i uninstalled this... why is it still here?

What i did was hook it up to my laptop via usb. (Your internal sd and external sd will open in seperate windows) Then i used my laptop to delete all the unwanted folders. Just have to remember what you uninstalled.

I know you can do it on your phone by itself.. but boy is that a hassle. Easier on a larger screen with a mouse.
  3. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

There is not way that I know of. These folders are placed there for the app to use to store user data in. They do this so if you decide to later install the app again, all your data is still there.
  4. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Well-Known Member

Seems silly though. I was hoping maybe there was a work around. And the app folders are everywhere, they aren't consistenty in one place. Some in Android/Data, some in the root folder etc. :(