1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Android and HOME WiFi connection issue.... HELPSupport

1. BDZ71

BDZ71 New Member

I just got my first Android phone.. woop woop!

Anyway, works great!

But I cant get on the internet on my home wifi????

I enable wifi on the phone.. it finds my home network.. It logs into my home network and says the status is strong... but when I go to the browser or ANYTHING that uses the internet it will not work and times out and says no connection etc..

But I can type in my router IP from the phone browser and get into the router settings... So i know im hooked up to the wifi.. i just cant seem to get past the router.
    WTF?

I cant figure this one out. . . I havnt been to any other wifi spots to see if it works there but home is definately the most important..

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

Go into your WiFi settings scroll down to advanced. Check that your wifi sleep policy is set to never, verify you have a MAC address listed and that you do not have "use Static IP checked.
  3. BDZ71

BDZ71 New Member

check
    check and
    check.....

Thats what all of my settings already were!
    Still no good.. I just dont get it.. it says its connected to my network! but it dosnt work
  4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

It seems that ur router is blocking the phone from access to the web or from the web to ur phone. check your router settings from your computer.

comms between the phone and computer should not be related to coms between ur phone and router, but i have seen strange things where firewall do actually block all coms. So disable ur firewall and try. if it gets access U will need to set up a firewall rule for the phone.

what router are U using?
  5. BDZ71

BDZ71 New Member

It has to be the router settings but idk what to change..... I'm on wiring at my fianc
  6. dabig25

dabig25 Well-Known Member

what kind or router you got......??

was having issues with mine kept dropping connection. Problem was with my 2Wire modem
  7. BDZ71

BDZ71 New Member

Its a lynks (sp?) idk the model off hand... the craazy thing is that all my other stuff works fine on the internet
  8. buffaloparty

buffaloparty Active Member

Have you tried power cycling?
  9. buffaloparty

Does your router connect right to your modem or do you have a PC in between.
  10. PBX Tech

PBX Tech Member

Are you using MAC filtering on the router?
  11. buffaloparty

That's what I thought at first but he would have remembered setting that up.
  12. FProphets

FProphets Well-Known Member

I had this issue with my home Internet a couple days after upgrading both my phone and Internet.

I restarted the modem and it fixed it. Not sure why that happened only my phone didn't connect everything else was fine but it worked and haven't had an issue since.