Android and HotmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

I have been accessing my hotmail account through the browser and it seems since Hotmail was updated a few weeks back, I cannot type when I create a "new" email. It let's you put in a receipient (To) and a subject but can't seem to let you type in the "body".

Anyone experiencing this? My guess is that parts of hotmail are not "flash" based?

2. swimfan623

swimfan623 Member

Same thing happens to me, quite frustrating.
  3. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

I agree. My only way to access hotmail is through the G1 since internet usage is blocked at work esp. the non corporate email accounts (ie: hotmail, yahoo and gmail).

But what I noticed was before Hotmail went through changes a few weeks back, I was able to create emails. Since then, nada. Like it is Flash driven.

And it doesn't help that the POP3/IMAP App in the G1 doesn't work.
  4. onthefence

onthefence Well-Known Member

I'm actually considering upgrading my stupid hotmail account to "Plus" so that I can access through Imap/Pop3. But it's being phased out, so i would probably only pay for one year.

Damn Micro$oft!
  5. pestilence

pestilence Well-Known Member

Meh. Hotmail is the past.
  6. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

what is this.. hotmail?
  7. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

yeah some still use hotmail. In fact my acount is 13+ years old :D
  8. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

13 years ago? really? thats pretty intense. I dont remember having email when i was 8years old.. hmm
  9. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

haha yeah. but now it all about gmail n such.
    yeah I had to open up one when I got the G1. only and first time I used gmail :eek:
  10. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

11. thomasdietrich

thomasdietrich New Member

Hotmail rocks. Much better than Gmail. Lack of support for 2-way sync with my Hotmail is one of the main reasons that I'm thinking about returning my HTC Hero and getting Windows Mobile instead. The lack of sync with my Hotmail contacts and calendar make Android an inferior option for me. That, and the terrible voice dialer. Might as well have left that feature out for all the good it does on the Hero. Both items work great on WinMo...

I do like the full HTML email, and the better browser on Hero. I like the multi-touch too. The App Market is easy to use.

But the 2 biggest problems are voice dialing failure and lack of Hotmail support. Not sure if I can wait for 2.1 to see if those are fixed. I'm still in my 30 day window, and this thing is probably going back.