Android and Kindle

Last Updated:

1. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.

It appears that Amazon have decided to restrict content on their Kindle site.

I was able to purchase Halo: Fall of Reach, through the US store but now because I am in the UK I can no longer buy any of the Halo books.

Do you think it is ok to change my account details to point to a fake US address so that I can purchase the books or is this a no no and perhaps you might know of a better way for me to get my Halo reading fix?

Cheers,

Advertisement
  2. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

Just buy the paperbacks. They're not very big, so don't take up a lot of space, and can be found quite cheap now. Probably better for the eyes too, reading the actual book instead of a screen.

3. benchmark

benchmark Well-Known Member

That may be a possibility but i will assume they can see from your IP address that you are not located in the US.

Alternatively , get a friend in the US to buy it for you as a gift and enter your amazon account as the recipient of the gift then you can log in and download it , you can then refund the friend if needed via paypal . That is very possible see FAQ on the amazon kindle page.

4. DaddyCee

what other alternatives are there to Kindle and would using one of those enable access to the books in question?

5. benchmark

benchmark Well-Known Member

If your phone is rooted , try 'Market enabler' . google it. ;-)

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

go to the usa site on your pc, then just buy them from there (or is this blocked too?), if itrs not blocked then once bought they sync wirelessly to your phone

7. DaddyCee

looks like the site is preventing access to these books as well. can't see why they would be blocked for UK customers though.

8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The kindle app will take any .prc file. Just fyi

DaddyCee likes this.
  9. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

Publishers buy book publishing rights for various countries and regions. If someone else has exclusive rights to publish those in the UK then Amazon wouldn't be allowed to sell them, digital or otherwise.

I should imagine there are books available in the UK through Amazon which you couldn't get in the US too.

10. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

there are also ways of making internet sites think you are in one country when you are in another. dunno if i'm allowed to share on this board, but you can always google for more info.

11. DaddyCee

is there away to convert pdf to prc ?

OK found one that converts pdf to mobi that seems to work. Thanks for all the help on this.