Android and Office Web Apps (SkyDrive)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slbailey1, Jul 31, 2010.

1. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    One of the major deciding points for me getting an Android tablet is can I access and fully use SkyDrive and MS Office Web Apps.

With a Windows Live ID, I have 25g of free storage called SkyDrive. Also with SkyDrive I can create, edit, view, and share Office Documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote) thru a web browser and stored in my SkyDrive.

Does anyone know if Android will be able to support skyDrive thru there web browser by the time android 3.0 is released?

Advertisement

2. matrix2004

matrix2004 Active Member

Nov 15, 2009
    I also want to know how to upload files from android to skydrive?

3. Paulridden

Paulridden New Member

Sep 4, 2010
    As apple would say, there's an App for that ! Try Android SMEStorage. It let's you work with SkyDrive files direct from the phone. You need an account at SMEStorage.com though.

4. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    any updates to this?

5. matrix2004

matrix2004 Active Member

Nov 15, 2009
    SMEStorage has an app now but it seems glitchy to me.

6. houshasen

houshasen New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    There is app called Sorami. Still in beta but works relatively well. Definitely have potential.

ivanprskalo likes this.
  7. ivanprskalo

ivanprskalo New Member

May 31, 2011
    I also use Sorami.

Does everything I want quite well.

8. mkztg

mkztg New Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I am able to use my skydrive through the phone's browser, skydrive.live dot com..............

I guess I can't upload files from the phone though.. it only does 1/2 of what I was expecting.

9. fskuipers

fskuipers New Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Selecting "PC version" at the bottom of the page shows you a more complete page. Perhaps upload is possible there?

10. RossTiger

RossTiger Active Member

Jan 9, 2012
    SkyDrive Browser seems to be quite useful for management of your skydrive. You can download and upload files easily, picture quality when you view them from the interface seems to suffer though, even when the file is still on your tablet. Other than that seems a solid app.