Android and Windows live compatabilityGeneral

1. brizzuti

brizzuti New Member

I'm having a problem that no CS people can assist with. When I set up Windows live on my Dell Laptop, the email stops working on my Samsung Intercept. When I delete the account on my laptop the phone email starts working again. Both the laptop and phone are pointing to same POP and SMTP servers.

Anybody else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

Guessing what you mean by mail stopping - check your Windows settings - maybe you've had it set up to delete mail immediately after download?
  3. brizzuti

brizzuti New Member

Thanks but I don't think that's it. My phone states connection error whenever I try to refresh the list after I set up my email account on Windows Live on my laptop. Once I delete the account on my laptop, my phone connects to server and starts to receive emails again.
    Once I set up the email again on my laptop - the email on my phone no longer connects.
  4. EarlyMon

Well - that's just wrong. :)

No doubt your laptop maintains some persistent connection - is there some far-out chance that the server in question won't allow multiple logins?

Have you tried with your Gmail account to establish a baseline case?
  5. brizzuti

brizzuti New Member

I do have Gmnail on the same phone and it works fine. THis is webmail though and does not require connecting to a pop or smtp server.

Anything else you can think of?
  6. EarlyMon

Sorry - I was questioning if you had Gmail flowing into a client on both systems, I didn't ask that very well.

Anyway - maybe I assumed too much.

When you say Webmail - this account that gets wonky - are you accessing it via your browsers on your phone and your laptop?