android app for FM radio

Last Updated:

1. sshuvro58

sshuvro58 Member

hi
    I am looking for a FM radio app . which can play local radio (not online radio) and as well as record fm radio as mp3 .
    plz help me to find such app

thanks

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

It doesn't exist. Your phone can either have the feature inbuilt or it can't have it. Its not the lack of an app that's the problem but lack of an FM radio receiver hardware.
    sshuvro58 likes this.
  3. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Many radio stations have a browser link to stream their station. Or buy a Galaxy Player (like I did), you get a 5" screen, FM Radio and everything else you have on a phone (except cell radio).
  4. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

If you want to go down the online radio route, Tunein Radio Pro is free on Getjar at the moment.
  5. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

If you're using your stock rom and it doesn't have an fm radio app then the phone almost surely* doesn't have the fm hw included.

*My wife's LG thrill has the fm hw but didn't come with an app, found it on xda, they'd extracted it from the leaked GB update. (yep it's still froyo!)
    sshuvro58 likes this.
  6. filbert

filbert Active Member

There is an app called Spiritradio, if your handset is supported but many are not. It's very hardware dependant. It maigh also need root access, according to the description.

Have a look at the developers list of supported phones via the link in the app store.

My San Francisco 2 has FM radio built in but it's a very poor app. Unfortunately, Spirit doesn't seem to work on it (but I have to persevere with root access to be sure)

Rgrds
    sshuvro58 likes this.
  7. sshuvro58

sshuvro58 Member

Thanks everybody for help
  8. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

I will attach a FM radio app and installer here for you to try. It was on the original Droid X and Dark Onion set it up to be installed on the Droid2. Do not know what phone you have or system it is running so not sure the install will work on your phone.

Get the two files in the APP folder on your SD card. On my phones when I have an APK file on the SD card and long press it, I am asked if I want to install it. So if you can do that it will install. Other method is to get app from Market APK installer and use it.

I do not use it because music only comes out of one speaker on the D2, have not tried it on my Droid Charge.

Attached Files: