• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android App that interfaces with a webpage?

Blackbolt22

Jun 3, 2012
Basically I use a web page based program for service calls at my job which has:
-A login with a submit button.

-Drop Boxes with information in them to select.
-Text Boxes to input parameters.

-OK buttons to submit and request info after selecting from a drop box or inputting numbers in a textbox.

Javascript embeded on the page.

I am not sure if the page is in asp, php, aspx, jsp, etc.

The URL is in format of: https://xxxx.xxxxxx.com/xxxxxxxxxx/Patterns?s=12343797&q=4781&e=1&d=5,10,4,5,0,0,0,0&a=_cinfo

What I want to do:

The web page is too cumbersome to use on the I-Phones in Safari which we are given to use it. I want to make an Android app that populates, allows me to select with ease, and groups information about what I selected.

My question is, what kind of page does this sound like with drop boxes, textboxes, and OK buttons, that has javascripts embeded in the page (when I view source). It's a server sided page as information is requested. Also I noticed the servers are hosted by Apache Tomcat. Not sure if that helps.

My other question is how do i create an app that interfaces with this type of page to select data for me, just as I select from drop boxes, and press OK. I can figure out the receive data part of it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones