• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android app to dim display for a few minutes before display shuts off

dtfamily

Feb 18, 2010
Hi, as I was adjusting the power settings on my Windows computer today, I thought "like on my Windows computer, wouldn't it be nice if there was an Android app that would dim your display, say after a minute, and then in another minute turn off the device?". That way it would stay on for 2 minutes, but the dimmed display for the 2nd minute would use much less battery. I know the display dims right before it shuts off, but I'd what I would like is for 1 minute the display to be at full brightness, and then 1 minute dimmed until it shuts off.

Is there any sort of app that would accomplish this? I'm on a non-rooted Note 4 with Lollipop.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I just played with MacroDroid and I think that you can create some macros with it to do what you want.

Trigger: Screen On
Add Action: Brightness
Add Action: Keep Device Awake
..... Screen On
..... For Fixed Time
...... set time you want

you can keep on adding actions and constraints to accomplish the rest of what you want.

then it can force the screen to go off and lock.

I use MacroDroid for lots of stuff, currently have 11 macros that I turn on/off from time to time.
One of them logs the cell towers that my phone logs into/out of.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

to get maximum benefit from MacroDroid you will need to pay for the Premium version, it isn't very much, and I love the app.

Reactions: dtfamily and K Rize
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones