• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android App to Silence A Thread

DVDA

Nov 16, 2011
Hi everyone, I have an issue that I cannot seem to solve. I own an office building and I have TotalConnect security system set up to text me whenever a tenant disables or enables the alarm. The texts simply say "Armed Away by User 18 at Time, Time" and I have an open thread with 200 of theses for each day/time.

The text come from "TotalConnect2.0@alarmnet.com" not from a phone number. I want to silence these text messages because my tenants like to come in/out at 2-4 in the morning while I am trying to sleep. Unfortunately, I cannot silence my phone because I need it on in case of emergencies.

I tried saving "TotalConnect2.0@alarmnent.com" as a contact but it wont allow me to save it and add a silent ring tone. I also cant use an app that silences my phone for a few hours while I am sleeping for the reason mentioned above.

So I am left trying to figure out how to silence an open thread or silence texts from "TotalConnect2.0@alarmnet.com"

Thanks everyone

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones