Android applications not showing up in the AVD

Last Updated:

1. K1nKy

K1nKy Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

So I am having a really weird problem that I can't seem to find a solution to.

As the title says, whenever I compile/run my Android apps in Eclipse the AVD loads up but the application is nowhere to be found. I tried completely reinstalling Eclipse and the Android SDK with no luck.

Any idea why this could be happening? :confused:

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. K1nKy

Tried the Google "Hello World" tutorial to see if it was an RTA that Eclipse wasn't picking up, but no avail.

3. dmitriyk

dmitriyk Active Member

I'd never heard of this before...

Are you able to manually install applications on the emulator using "adb -e install <apk file>"?

K1nKy likes this.
  4. K1nKy

I followed this guide and I am getting a "device not found" error, even with the emulator running.

Any ideas?

5. dmitriyk

dmitriyk Active Member

Not really...
    Try restarting the adb server with "adb kill-server" and then running "adb -e install <apk>" again. Put the "-e" switch in so that ADB knows to look for a running emulator.

And yeah, you do have to have the emulator running when you issue the install command.

K1nKy likes this.
  6. K1nKy

IT WORKED! Thank you so much for the help!

7. NYanke2000

NYanke2000 New Member

I am having the same problem however the kill-server and reinstall did not work. I am able to see the app in the Settings->Manage Applications on the emulator, however I can not find it for the life of me on the emulator anywhere. I try the adb install command, but it says "Failure: [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]." I figured it was on the emulator, but when I go through the emulator with adb shell, I cant find it in any of the system\app folder or anywhere else. Any help with this?