Android Apps change log?

Last Updated:

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the Android Market show change logs / details for the apps?

I have a lot of apps that indicate they have upgrades available, but I'm hesitant to upgrade from a perfectly fine working app version to an unknown update.

If there's a change log in Android Market place, please share where it is.

If not, then it should be added. This is a vital piece of information for users.

Advertisement
  2. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

There's not. Individual developers may choose to publish their changes in the description of their app on the market, or they can publish detailed changelogs online (e.g. Handcent's), but there is no requirement to do so. Besides if you're that worried about it, what difference does it make having a changelog? That only tells you what a developer says they changed, not if that's everything they've changed

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The difference is, if I have an app that's working fine, I want to know why / if I should upgrade. Is there some compelling new functionality that's available that I will benefit from by upgrading? If not, I'm not interested in upgrading, especially if it makes things worse - by downloading something with new bugs in the code.

4. TheAndroidWorks

TheAndroidWorks Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the market only allows developers a 325 character description which is definitely too short.

From a developers point of view:

-Assuming it is a solid developer (and we will since you are already pleased with the current product offering) ALWAYS download the update.

-The point of new versions are to:
    increase compatibility / bug fixes, add features, and improve performance

You will want all of those things. :)