Android Appstore - no way to sign out? WTF??

1. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

I just did the update to Gingerbread on my Evo today, and I guess doing that somehow logged me out of the Amazon Appstore.

I logged in, but I used the wrong Amazon account, and it is not recognizing any of the apps I purchased. When I try to open any of them it says "You do not own this app". OK, annoying but no biggie... except there does not seem to be anywhere I can log out again so I can log in using the correct account info.

Anyone know how I can log out??

Advertisement
    :
  2. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Uninstall it?
  3. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Go to manage applications and clear data from them amazon app store you should then be prompted to sign in again
    alostpacket likes this.
  4. No_Nickname90

No_Nickname90 Well-Known Member

I went to the app and I did:
    Open Amazon AppStore -> Pressed Menu -> Went to "More" -> Went to "Settings" -> In "Settings" there is an option that allows you to deregister "which apparently isn't a real word. o_O" your device.

It tells me I'm logged in as "My Name" and it gives me a link to deregister my device. I guess this is what you're looking for. I haven't done this before, so hopefully this helps. So I guess deregister, than register again.
  5. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

I tried this and it took me to the amazon site, where of course I then had to sign in on the site then find the section to deregister the phone.

It was a huge pain, but it did work. Thanks!
  6. aride4ever

aride4ever New Member

This is the only way per support that you can log out. There is no log out option in the software.

7. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I don't think any of the Amazon apps will work if you're signed out, do they? I know they don't work if the App store is uninstalled.
  8. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

You have to be logged in. After I did a wipe and a restore with TB, The Appstore was installed, but not logged in and I couldn't use my Amazon apps.