• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Assistant and the Lag

docosa

Lurker
Aug 18, 2012
Recently started using Google Play Music app. I download all of the songs to my SD card because I'm generally not near wifi when I'm listening to music (such as when I am driving) and I dont want to burn through my data.

Well, my brand new Bravo with Android 2.2.2 began to lag. Not just a little hiccup either, I'm talking like waiting 2 minutes for an app to launch. Play Music was the worst. Imagine waiting several minutes for the song list and album covers to appear. Imagine pressing pause and about 15 seconds later the song finally pauses.

It was so bad that I thought perhaps the SD card was bad or something else equally lousy.

I decided to take a long shot and downloaded Android Assistant. I can't believe the HUGE difference. Literally no lag now. Killed some useless tasks. Ran a system clean-up.

I signed up on this forum to ask for help, but ended up helping myself first!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones