Android Assistant

Last Updated:

1. funnydogmom

funnydogmom New Member

Hi everybody!

I want to add an assistant to my HTC Thunderbolt. Do I need to get both skyvi AND speaktoit assistant, or just one or the other?

Is there any benefit to having both installed?

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Try Cluzee. Free from the market.
    funnydogmom likes this.
  3. jalan94

jalan94 Well-Known Member

That is going to be a very personal decision based on the types of things you want your personal assistant to do. I have Speaktoit, Skyvi, Cluzee, VLingo and Iris installed. I tried Evan and removed it within a few hours. I keep the rest mainly so I can monitor the frequency of updates and see what each of them are bringing that is new.

I use Vlingo almost exclusively for initiating SMS, email and phone calls. I don't consider it a replacement for Siri despite Vlingo's marketing attempts to make it that way. By FAR they update their app far less than the others.

For a personal assistant, the one I actually use is Speaktoit. My reasons for that are plenty, but probably immaterial because of it being a personal decision.
    funnydogmom likes this.
  4. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I like Jeannie. I had it and Speaktoit installed, just got rid of Speaktoit.
    funnydogmom likes this.
  5. funnydogmom

funnydogmom New Member

Thank you so much!
  6. funnydogmom

funnydogmom New Member

How do I get something like Jeannie? And, does she run even if you uninstall Speaktoit? What exactly IS Jeannie?
  7. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Jeannie for Android |

You can have both apps on your phone, but if you like one better, just uninstall the other. They both do pretty much the same thing, Jeannie just seems to return better results.

8. funnydogmom

funnydogmom New Member

Thank you tcat! I was confused about that, but I think you're saying that Jeannie AND Speaktoit are different personal assistant apps, right?

(Also, I'm not sure if I'm replying to these messages the best way - I'm going back to the original thread to post my replies. Is there a way I can reply directly under the post to which I'm responding?)

Thanks again!