• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android at last

ericx

Lurker
Nov 20, 2009
Living in a remote part of the world where T-Mobile is useless, I've had to wait until Verizon released an Android.

So far, I've managed to sync contacts and calendar into Thunderbird (converting the calendar from Palm .dba files sucks). The wifi detector is useful. The barcode scanner is a h00t.

I still need to:

• root the damn thing. The command line is nifty; but nothing is executable.

• figure out notifications.

• get my new public key out of ConnectBot. Unfortunate that it isn't obvious and painless.
Clues are always welcome.

Living in a remote part of the world where T-Mobile is useless, I've had to wait until Verizon released an Android.

So far, I've managed to sync contacts and calendar into Thunderbird (converting the calendar from Palm .dba files sucks). The wifi detector is useful. The barcode scanner is a h00t.

I still need to:

• root the damn thing. The command line is nifty; but nothing is executable.

• figure out notifications.

• get my new public key out of ConnectBot. Unfortunate that it isn't obvious and painless.
Clues are always welcome.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Post your questions about your new Droid in that forum ... there is a large base of users/members there that should be able to help and guide you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones