• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android attack possible from hacked pc via same wifi?

As the title says, and maybe a stupid question.

Teenagers in the house, surfing on God knows what, and not always has the brains to update their antivirus. :mad: Found out one windows pc is overtaken, with an unknown person as admin, i can't access much on the harddrive. My worry is that our android phones & tablets also can be or been broken in too, since we all share the same wifi network here at home.

Got to checkout the other 3 pc:s now, it would surprise me if they are clean. :mad:

The only difference between a rooted Android and an unrooted one is how deep they can get into the system. The way of attack (installing an app) would be the same. So basically if an installation request happens for an app you did not download, just decline. Won't matter which way they connect, as long as you don't install anything from them, they won't be able to access anything in your device.

Reactions: NickanM
Upvote 0
Android OS based on the Linux kernel. According to my knowledge Linux OS are hard to hack and also inflect malwares. But Windows computer not like that, that is why most of the time malware spread on it, but its not the only reason.

If rooted device there is a possibility.

I'm not a expert for this field, these information i read somewhere in the internet.

Reactions: NickanM
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones