Android Backup (not photos) not workingSupport

1. Hi all,

Just got a new Nexus 9 (yay!) and in the process it rightfully asked me whether I wanted to restore from another device. I selected yes and in the dropdown I cannot see my Nexus 5. I am currently using it and I checked that the back up and restore data is enabled, and that it's the same account as I typed in in the new Nexus 9.

Previously when I changed from my Nexus 4 to the 5 I was surprised none of the apps automatically installed and none of the wifi passwords synced, but I ended up giving up. Now that I couldn't even select the other device it's clear to me that it's just not backing up at all. Any ideas on:

1. Why is it not backing up? Does it matter I have several accounts synced on my N5?
    2. How to check what's backing up?
    3. How to force it to back up?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Marc

Advertisement
  2. AndroidMarcAndroid

AndroidMarcAndroid New Member

Just posting to follow the thread, it allowed me to post without signing in so I don't think I would receive updates.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I'm not sure but with lollipop, aren't you supposed to place the devices back to back or something to copy the apps over (not sure, I just put lollipop on my tablet the other day and skipped past the feature)