android based phone latest

Last Updated:

1. sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh Member

Hi friends,

I would like to buy a contract free (i.e., no contract or agreement) Android based phone with following features:

# Should be contract free
    # Can be used in other countries including india by inserting SIM card
    # Should have capability o upgrade to latest android operating system
    # Screen should be preferably bigger

My budget is very limited and first three features are key.

Pls suggest which model is best and indicate price range in USA.

Thank You
    Regards
    Sunando

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Since you mention limited budget, do you have a ZTE Blade variant in India (assuming that's where you're located)? They're great value for money and have Cyanogen support.
  3. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

I would suggest the (att) samsung nexus s.. its sold unlocked, the att version has better possibilities to work around the globe than the tmobile one, it is a google phone, so it will be up to date for a while and it has a nice 4" screen

Edit: i mean NEXUS ONE ATT VERSION.. sorry
  4. sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh Member

thanks buddy. I am actually in USA for couple of months and looking to purchase here but want something which can be later used in india.
  5. sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh Member

great but is it contract free...i will also see now on att site
  6. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

There is no such thing as an Att Nexus S. Currently the Nexus S only works with T-Mobiles 3G bands.
  7. sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh Member

in that case any other suggestions pls based on my requirements above
  8. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

The Nexus S would still be a good choice for the OP. The 900 and 2100 MHz frequencies are the most common frequencies used outside the Americas. If the OP plans to do a lot of traveling in North or South America, it would be better to wait for the Nexus S that supports 850/1900 MHz (AKA the AT&T version) or just buy a used Nexus One with those frequencies.
  9. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the folk recommending the NS have skipped the 'budget is very limited' line?
  10. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

i guess he did.
  11. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

What IS your budget? That would greatly help us suggesting something to you that would fit your requirement better.
  12. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

you are absolutely right sir.. my bad i meant nexus one att version

i am sorry i meant nexus one.. yes you can get it contract free
  13. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

^^^^
    the thing with the nexus one usa (Tmobile) version, is that it sports bands that are not supported in many countries... i think two or three only do... so a nexus one att version would work better for you.. but then the nexus one is kindda old.. so the other thing you could do is buy a nexus s (newer hardware) version UK or canada or something like that, you should look in to that