Android Battery Saver Apps Competition: Android Forums Style (Please recast your votes)

What is the most EPIC battery saver app/widget?

1. Juice Defender

20.6%
  2. Easy Battery Saver

2.9%
  3. 2x Battery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Go Master Power

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dolphin Battery Saver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Battery Defender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. One Touch Battery Saver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Battery Dr Saver & a task killer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gauge Battery Widget

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. BatteryTime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Green Power

11.8%
  12. Battery Saver Du & Switch Widget

5.9%
  13. I prefer to not use any

58.8%
  1. TimeAndroid

TimeAndroid Well-Known Member

I have compiled the best battery saving apps available into one survey. Have fun voting and debating!

PARTICIPANTS:

Juice Defender
    Easy Battery Saver
    2x Battery
    Go Master Power
    Dolphin Battery Saver
    Battery Defender
    One Touch Battery Saver
    Battery Dr saver+a task killer
    Gauge Battery Widget
    BatteryTime
    Battery Saver Du & Switch Widget
    GreenPower

You can suggest another participant by messaging me. REQUIREMENTS: AT LEAST 10,000 reviews and AT LEAST 4 stars. Please allow up to 4 weeks before reminding me to add another participant.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Where's the option for none? :D
  3. TimeAndroid

Sorry! I'll add that. I know this sounds like a stupid question but how do you edit the poll? :confused:
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I'm not sure if you can, but any guide/mod can edit the poll (for me theres an edit button in the banner above the poll). I went ahead an added a "none" option. ;)
    TimeAndroid and PrinceCorwin like this.
  5. TimeAndroid

Thank you! :D
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

GreenPower is a very good one as well. Not as popular but it has a lot of options.
  7. TimeAndroid

Thanks for the suggestion!
  8. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

So far I have not found a need to use one. I'm happy with the battery life I get.
  9. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

Thank you for this post. I was just going to post a question about battery, so I am going to take a look at these. Thanks :)
  10. TimeAndroid

No problem! :)
  11. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Getting some good answers so far lol, seems pretty one-sided :p

Also I think I am going to move this thread into the Android Applications forum, feel like if anywhere it belongs there.

If you have an issue with this please contact me :)
  12. TimeAndroid

I'm quite surprised nobody uses them. What the apps do seem legit.
  13. shelliewnj

I downloaded battery defender earlier today after this post went up, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be doing anything for my battery. It's still loosing juice at about 25% per hour. :( maybe I will try another one tomorrow.
  14. shelliewnj

never mind, gotta give it a bit more time. just realized that when you download it, it's in off status. I had to turn the thing ON, that's helpful, right? newbie issues, i'm telling you!
  15. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

I tried Juice Defender for a while but it kept waking my phone & that seemed to use more power than it saved. I guess it depends how you set your phone up.
  16. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the others, but I use Juice Defender on my LG Optimus G and it seems to give me more battery life for those times when I am not actively using the phone much, and it doesn't make it worse when I use it. :) I have the paid version, so I have it tweaked a little bit (turn on radios every 30 minutes, and stay asleep during my usual sleep hours.

Even though I plug it in at night, I like the night setting because I get no alerts from net/wireless activity, but I can still get phone calls in case of emergencies, and use my alarm clock and/or fall asleep to music.
  17. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

18. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Just my opinion here from trying several different battery savers

I see them as just a waste of space and a resource hog.

Never gave me more battery, a few even gave it a slight drain.

App that turns on/off data/wifi/gps etc etc = resources used. Which is why I don't fool with them anymore. :)

DS
  19. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

I suspect you
  20. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

21. shelliewnj

I have to say, I've only been using it for a few hours now, but normally I would have had to charge my battery already, and i'm at 40 percent so I think its working. I'm going to do it more scientifically tomorrow. One timed battery drain with it on and one without
  22. TimeAndroid

If any guide, mod or admin sees this, please add "Battery Saver Du&Switch Widget" and "GreenPower" to the poll. :)
  23. TimeAndroid

I'm using a battery saving app because my Samsung Galaxy S3 battery does not last long plus I cannot find a power saving mod in CyanogenMod 10.1. What is the reason you guys use battery saving apps?
  24. TimeAndroid

Thank you to whoever added Green Power and Battery Saver Du & Switch Widget to the poll options. :D
  25. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

I try to manage things affecting my battery myself, with the help of Tasker.
    When I leave home, wifi turns off (Tasker profile)
    When the screen goes off and stays off, data goes off (so I don't leave it on by accident when I don't need it) (Tasker profile)
    I have widgets set up for quick control of things that affect battery - mostly screen brightness. also data and wifi.
    I use Better Battery Stats. Also occasionally Power Tutor and Badass battery monitor although I don't leave those latter two running unless I'm investigating something (they chew up a lot of cpu/battery themselves). BBS tells me what kinds of things are keeping phone awake. For example Google Maps is a big one. I use Gemini Apps manager to disable Google Maps auto-start on boot. Also disable quite a few others if there is not logical reason for them to start on boot. Also schedule a reboot daily at 11AM to flush the programs that I manually started which remain running and sometimes using resources (Google Maps again prime example).
    I use AFwall+ - keeps programs from accessing the internet that I don't want to access the internet.
    There's probably a few more strategies I've forgot.

I think in very broad generalities, it is natural that advanced users tend to want to set up phone parameters more directly and occasionally control things manually/directly. New users don't know exactly what to change, don't want to go to many different programs and settings to adjust things, and want one program that takes care of things without having to learn about what uses battery. There are certainly exceptions.. not intending to offend anyone.