Android BeamSupport

1. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

Is Android Beam phone specific? Or is it software driven?

I would imagine its a bit of both. Your phone has to be NFC enabled and the appropriate software installed.

Would this be something that could run on the One X?

Is it part of the Jelly Bean upgrade?

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Should be there by default? If you go to settings - wireless & networks - more, there should be an option for NFC and Android Beam.

Not something I'd use a lot, but I tested sharing a couple of videos with my mate who has the Nexus S and it was pretty cool to see it in action.
  3. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

Cheers for that. I have seen the NFC option. But not the Android Beam. Will look again.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

As soon as you turn on NFC, Beam becomes active iirc. If you get someone who has NFC on their device too, get them to turn it on, then put the backs of your phones together and it should vibrate a little letting you know it's ready.
  5. ghostyjack

ghostyjack Active Member

I've tried this between my mates Galaxy S3 and my One X and it didn't work.

Both phones gave an indication that they noticed each other but when I chose the option to send a picture to his S3 nothing happened.

When he tried to send to me though, my phone took me to the Play store and was shown a message saying the app wasn't available for my device. I don't know what the app was, but I still could receive his picture.

So it might work, just not between all NFC-enabled Android devices.