Android browser issue

Last Updated:

1. Chunkhead

Chunkhead Member This Topic's Starter

I don't mean to whine, but this may be a deal breaker.

I love my new Droid, but if I can't use it for work, I can't use it period.

Anyway, here is the problem. I have a website which interfaces with the main dispatch server at Fujitsu Transaction Solutions. I wanted a phone that would let me go to that website and post dates and times for jobs to which I have been dispatched. Unfortunately, on the Android browser, the date and time fields are each 1 space short of being able to hold dates and times, i.e. the time fields are 3 spaces, but I need to put in, say, 1800 for 6 pm. Follow? It is hard to explain.

Oh, and there is what I think is a Java applet that lets you select a date by clicking on a little calendar icon. I am sure you have seen these on travel websites. This icon does not show up on the Android browser.

I checked the Android browser's Java compatibility, and it passed. I tried the 1nternet and Opera browsers, as well. 1nternet has the same issue, and Opera apparently does not work with Android 2.0, yet. I couldn't go to any typed-in URL with Opera.

Sorry for the huge post, but, as I said before, this is hard to explain, and Googling/searching for an answer has turned up NOTHING. I really, really hope someone with some Android experience has seen this and found a fix, because I can't find one.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Have you tried, as a temporary solution, installing Opera? It's available in the Android Marketplace.

3. Chunkhead

Yup. In my OP. Thanks, though!

4. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Damn. I don't know how I missed that. I multi-tasked myself out of a full read (at work right now).

Wish I had an answer. I'll do some digging.

5. Chunkhead

Ok, I just tried to book a flight on Travelocity. The little calendar icon is not showing up on that site, either. WTH???

Edit: Ok, I see the problem there. I can tap on the date field, and a calendar comes up. Not the case with the Fujitsu site, though.

6. Chunkhead

Ok, tried a few other travel sites, and the Kayak site has the same issue, but at least I can type in a date there. The fields are the right size. GAH!!!!

7. qazxsw

qazxsw Member

I am having a simlae issue with Java Appleton stuff not being displayed. I tried asking about it in another thread but no one has responded. Does no one have an answer or solution?

8. rogue994

rogue994 Well-Known Member

Have you tried Dolphin Browser? It's pretty much the best browser I've found for the Droid at the moment. I'd be surprised if it didn't work for you.

9. celios

celios Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Dolphin browser?

OVERVIEW (Dolphin Browser)

It's supposed to be Android 2.0 compatible. It might offer a workaround until the built-in browser is patched, or the Fennec (Firefox mobile) browser is released for Android.

10. chefboyardee

chefboyardee Well-Known Member

There's also another buggy, but popular browser called Steel Browser if Dolphin doesn't work. I don't use either, but thought I'd throw another option out there!

11. Chunkhead

Yeah, I have tried Dolphin. In fact, I have tried every browser I can find on the Market. Nothing works. Keeping my fingers crossed for Firefox, though.