Android browser

Last Updated:

1. gliby

gliby New Member

Did anybody found out (if it is even possible) how to scroll iframe in Android's browser?
    For those that do not know what iFrame it is basically a frame inside a normal HTML document - please check this for the example - http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/frames/_IFRAME_SCROLLING.html

On the iPhone you scroll iframe inside the page by putting 2 fingers on the frame (instead of usual one for scrolling).

I have some web pages that use iframe and it is very frustrating not to be able to use them on my phone.

Thank you for all the answers.

Advertisement
  2. reycat

reycat Member

Has anybody found a solution for this?
  3. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

use one of the multitouch browsers instead, like the Dolphin Browser or Xscope.
  4. gliby

gliby New Member

Tnx craigrn16 for the solution.

Does it work with Dolphin only if you have multitouch capable phone like N1 or Droid or does it work also on G1?
  5. craigrn16

you'll need Droid or Nexus 1. Dont think the G1 is multitouch capable. Sorry :(
  6. reycat

reycat Member

I've tried with Xscope and it doesn't work.

You can try with this link:

LIGA 09/10 | F
  7. craigrn16

8. reycat

reycat Member

It's really odd, I can't get it to work with Dolphin browser :confused:

If you open the link in your computer, you'll see there's a scroll bar in the middle of the page, a play by play of the match in Spanish.

If I open the page with Dolphin browser I can see just from "min FINAL" to "min 90+3", but no further down. :confused:

Thank you for you help, by the way :)
  9. gliby

gliby New Member

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1395/frameexample.jpg

In the picture from the ebove link I marked the frame that you need to scroll from the elmundo.es webpage that reycat sent - just to meke it shure we are talking about the same thing. What we need to do is to scroll just this frame and not the entire page.

Reycat, are you using N1 or Droid/Milestone? I believe they are the only android phones supporting multitouch.
  10. craigrn16

You're right. I tried it on Dolphin it didn't really move. I then tried it on safari mobile on my itouch and it moved slightly although it was incredably hard to do. I don't know what to te you bro. You might just have to use a desk top.