• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android calendar app not syncing with google calendar - help!

obvious questions are good
a116.jpg

Upvote 0
I am experiencing similar issues with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and on Jellybean 4.1.1. Everything is syncing as it should except 'Sync Calendar' in my google account. I have tried downloading synker and it doesn't help. I get the error message: "error parsing sync data". It has not been able to update the calendar for 2 days. As I said all other google things are syncing as they should. My Samsung galaxy Tab is working fine with the syncing so I'm pretty sure that the settings are ok. Any ideas what is wrong??

Upvote 0
Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, click on the ALL tab, Calendar Service, and then Clear Data. Then go back to Menu, Settings, Accounts, uncheck and then re-check the box for sync. This may not be the exact steps for 4.1.1 but the idea is to go into settings app settings and clear the cache for all calender apps and retry. hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
Select Settings.
Select Applications, then Manage applications.
Select Calendar Storage.
Note: If you don't see 'Calendar Storage,' press < Menu > again, then select Filter > All. On some devices, you won't see 'Calendar Storage.' It is fine to ignore this step if it doesn't apply.
Select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
Restart your device. Press and hold the < Power > or < End call > button, then select Power off. Press the < Power > or < End call > button to power on.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have been having a problem with my phone not syncing with my google calendar. I add a new event on google calendar on my computer, and it does not update on the app, although it always used to. It has had plenty of time (24 hours +). I have tried Settings > Accounts&Sync > Google > Sync now, and in fact 'sync all', and nothing. No circular arrows on the bar at the top or any indication it's doing anything at all. I have tried 'sync now' in both the android calendar app and the business calendar app i use. When I go into my Mail app (non gmail) that will sync quite happily.

So to try and solve this I read some advice online which advised me to clear the data in 'Calendar storage'. So I did this and now I have no appointments whatsoever in my android calendar, and no way to sync with my google calendar to get them back! I've also lost my bank holidays that the app came with, but I can live with that.

Any suggestions gratefully received. I was so pleased to be able to sync my phone to my calendar and now it no longer works!

Phone: HTC Wildfire
Network: 3 mobile (UK)
Android version: 2.2.1

Anything else I can tell you please let me know.

I've had the same exact prob, with Wildfire S and I only just few mins earlier found a solution which is working on my phone and google calendar.
What I have noticed is that all the entries I am making on my phone were not syncing with google. Reason was that when I was making an entry, the first dropdown menu was set to 'PC sync', and I don't use my pc calendar.
I had to change it to my main Calendar on google ie: Work Rota, and 2 secs later it appeared on google calendar.

I hope this works for you.
Good luck.
...Mystic...

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem, I think, with my S3.
When I entered an event into my Google calendar, it would quickly appear on my droid calendar.
When I entered an event into my droid calendar, it would not appear on my Google calendar.

Recently, my calendars would sync without problems but something stopped that from happening.

I spent time with Sprint, to no avail, but found something that actually worked...But first, ten annoying minutes of commercials! (Just kidding)

When you add an event into your droid, near the top of the screen is the entry which allows you to select which calendar it goes to. If it says "My Calendar", you're outta luck. Change it to your Google account and it will work beautifully.

Upvote 0
I know there are a lot of good solutions posted here, and i tried all of them. But how I end up resolving my issue was through a combination of these methods:

- In your Calendar app, uncheck sync for all calendars so nothing displays
- Clear app data for Calendar
- Go back into Calendar app, check sync for all the calendars you need, and wait for events to reload.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I had a problem with sync. The entries on phone would not sync to desktop. I was using Pimlical on phone in making entries on the calendar, and those entries would sync with the phone google calendar on the phone, but would not sync through to the desktop. I finally figured out that when I created the Pimlical entries, there was an option to elect either sync with my Google account or to PCsync. I was not electing my google account and the default was PCsync. I revised the entries to select my google account and now all is right with the world.

I should have picked up on the fact that the desktop calendar showed two colors of items, and only the red would sync.

My phone is HTC Evo 4G (original)

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
This works for me - thanks

I struggled to try to fix this with the help of this thread and others, so I thought I'd post the really simple solution I eventually found.

I simply installed another calendar app (in my case "Business Calendar Free") and set it up with my Google account. Somehow that resolved the syncing problem with the native Android Calendar app as well, so I now use that again as I don't like Business Calendar Free as much. But I've left it on there to facilitate the syncing for the native app.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
I had this same issue and tried everything - then found the fix! My problem was, that I would enter an event on the phone and it would never make it to Google Calendar. But anything I entered on Google Calendar was appearing on my phone. So this was a one-way issue only, but I think this fix might help some...

THE FIX:
When you go in on the Android device to select the calendars you wish to sync, TURN OFF the phone calendar, which was an option on my Android 4.2.2 LG G2 phone. Only have the one Google account selected (not more than one - if you have more than one).

Upvote 0
This works for me - thanks

Not for me. Have not gotten the google calendar to sync in a few weeks. Error message says 'sync will be back shortly' but only calendar only on the phone never syncs. Calender shows no events. Another calender I tried synced in less than 30 seconds and is maintaining sync with the google calendar on my other devices.
Google calender had worked for several years with only one interruption a few years back. Now it is useless to me dispite clearing data, re-installs, etc.

Upvote 0
For some reason we&#8217;ll never understand, the Google PC calendar shows appointments going back over ten years – maybe forever. But when viewing the same calendar on the droid, it only shows as far back as five months , on mine at least.

To me, not critical, but perturbing.

The android calendar only searches back about one year and that's the limit. The i-phone has the same problem. I guess we're not supposed to care about anything older than one year.

But there is a very neat little app called Calendar Companion that links all the information from the PC calendar onto your android phone, no matter how old the PC information in the calendar is. I have 10 year old events on my PC calendar and Calendar Companion finds them instantly. To be sure, the app does not show you the old calendars but it does search all the old calendar events. I've found this extremely usefu

Upvote 0
I have been using Calengoo which allows me to sync all my events going back 14 years.

But when i first bought an android phone and before discovering Calengoo, i found that i could only sync back about 3 months of events using the android calendar. It is just one of the quirks of android (google it).

Back in the day, i did find a way to fool my phone into syncing back all 14 years of my events. I just manually set the date of my phone back to the year 2000. When i do the sync, the phone syncs everything back to that date ( the phone thinks it is in the year 2000). After syncing, I then reset the phone date to the current date. Once all the old events are stored on your phone, the phone will then sync any changes or additions going back 14 years even with the correct current date. This used to work for me. Cant hurt to try.

Upvote 0
Hi

I have the same problem whereas a Calendar I created on my PC using the web app does not show on my phone anywhere on my phonr.

So I go into Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> Calendar and it shows as ticked but the last sync date is way in the past. If I turn it OFF and then ON again then nothing and the last sync date remains as it was.

I downloaded Sinker as suggested and went to Autosync Inspectior for Calendar. Status is Pending and it the last failure message in io-error

Data is as follos

Last Success: 27 May 2015 09:01:32
Last Success Source: Server: server-initiated sync
Last Failure: 8 June 2015 16:20:56
Last Failure Source: User: user-initiated sync
Last Failure Message: io-error

By the way, 27 May is when I first hoked-up my phone to my Google account.

Any ideas?

Patrick

Upvote 0
I struggled to try to fix this with the help of this thread and others, so I thought I'd post the really simple solution I eventually found.

I simply installed another calendar app (in my case "Business Calendar Free") and set it up with my Google account. Somehow that resolved the syncing problem with the native Android Calendar app as well, so I now use that again as I don't like Business Calendar Free as much. But I've left it on there to facilitate the syncing for the native app.

Hope that helps!

Thanks it worked for me !

Upvote 0
Simple answer is, you have to pick the gmail calendar instead of "My Calendar". Do this when creating a new event. You can't edit an event and change Calendars.

I found this answer at another site, and I must give that person credit as it wasn't me.

My issue was one way, i.e. my calendar events were going into my Android S5 fine but not getting synced into my laptop. Entries on my laptop were getting synced into my Android S5.

Lots of sites had ideas and suggestions but none worked until I found this one:

http://www.worldstart.com/fix-android-sync-problems-with-google-calendar/

It worked great!

Kurt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was having a similar problem. Shared google calendars between my wife and I would show up on her iPhone, and on our computers, but her calendar was not showing up on my Android. I deleted my Google account from my phone and reinstalled it. Opened the calendar and clicked "refresh". After about 30 seconds I could see my wife's calendar. Happy.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem under Cyanogenmod 12.1. The "Calendar" option did not show under Settings > Accounts > [some google account]

Steps to resolve were as follows

Remove the google account that is not showing the "sync" option
Force stop, clear data and disable the following apps

Calendar
Calendar Storage
Google Calendar Sync

Note you cannot "clear data" for all of these

Reboot

Re enable

Calendar Storage
Google Calendar sync

do NOT reenable "Calendar"

Add the google account, the "sync" option should now appear

Reenable the "Calendar" application

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones