• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Calendar, Gmail and Thunderbird (HTC Hero)

dambo5

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
Hi,

I have recently set thunderbird mail client to sync with gmail trough lightning. I am also syncing my hero google cal with gmail.
My question is how (where) to set direction for syncing. i.e. the changes on the web are reflected both in thunderbird and on the phone. Thunderbird client also propagates the changes to gmail and than to the phone.

The problem is that when I EDIT some event on the phone and sync ... the phone gets the old settings from the gmail instead propagating the changes to the web(gmail) and than back to thunderbird.

Another problem that I have is although the event is rescheduled for few days in future(and have 5min before reminder), in thunderbird it still comes up every few minutes as appointment ...

What is the proper way to setup both way thunderbird->gmail-phone and phone->gmail->thunderbird changes propagation?

Thank you,
Aleksandar

Easy use the addon for Thunderbird called Provider for Google works with the lightning addon.
I can add or edit an event on the calendar in Thuderbird and within seconds its on my Google calendar and as soon as a switch on my android device it will update the calendar. You may have to look at the settings on your Android device to see if its set to automatic sync for Calendar or manual.
It works the other way Android to thunderbird. And it works from Google calendar to thunderbird and Android

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones