Android Calendar & Google Sports Calendar

Last Updated:

1. PopeXXIII

PopeXXIII New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what that blog post is all about, but I presently have three Google NFL team sports calendars, the Google Weather calendar, and the Google US Holidays calendar all syncing with my Sprint HTC Hero on 2.1. And I have a second Gmail account calendar shared with my primary Gmail account on the phone and syncing too.

Why back when I first got Android it just worked and always has. Once after I re-flashed the RUU on my phone, I had issues with all these Google calendars syncing so I just cleared and deleted all the data in the Calendar app in Application Settings and that made them all re-appear on my phone.

3. odhinn

odhinn Well-Known Member

I still can't access Google's sports calendars on my Nexus One. US holidays appear, multiple calendars work, multiple users work. But the sports calendars in the "Browse interesting calendars" area just don't appear on my N1, even if I clear data for Calendar and Calendar Storage. The calendars just don't appear in my list of possible calendars, so no way to make them visible, etc.

I should caveat, I've only tried this with the World Cup and NHL calendars.

4. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Had the same problem when I moved accounts from googlemail to gmail. My primary calendar worked as did another personal calendar but the UK holidays one did not. Cleared the data in settings, app mangement and then hit refresh in the phone calendar and all was fine.

5. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Opps, I need to update my comment here on this calendar issue because sometimes I set things up long ago, and then just forget exactly what I actually did. As for this sports calendar issue, I actually do not use the Google Sports Calendars at all, my bag!

What I use are Yahoo's Sports calendars. I finally noticed this after I tried to add the Google Sports calendar for the SF Giants so I would get the playoff schedule to appear. But, as you guys know, the Google calendar didn't sync. That prompted me to look at those other calendars which I had syncing, and that's when I noticed the Yahoo Sports theme on all those other calendars.

Anyway, what I had actually done was went to Yahoo! Sports - Sports News, Scores, Rumors, Fantasy Games, and more and selected the sport, then selected 'team' and picked my favorite team, then selected 'scores and schedule' which showed me a calendar for that team with a simple selection to 'add to calendar' which is a drop-down that allowed me to add the displayed calendar to my 'Google Calendar'.

I'm a dope, and sorry again for my forgetfulness, but there it is...