• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android Call Details

larry3k

Lurker
Feb 5, 2010
Hi all,

I am new to Android and I have already succeeded in creating a simple application and getting the call states. But I need more details about my phone-calls and I don't really know how to get them. I apologize if this issue has been addressed before.

I have already seen that there are the 3 call states, different data activity states and signal strength states. What I am interested in is
- if a user is trying to call another user but the connection is interrupted can I get the cause of it: like the network is busy, there is no network, timeout?
- 2 users are talking and the conversation ends ... which one has closed the conversation?
- a user tries to access the internet but is not able to ... can I get the cause of it?
- internet connection is established ... are there different events for opening a browser page, page is loaded successfully, downloading / uploading data, start retrieving email, end retrieving email, start mail-upload, end mail-upload?

If any of these issues have been discussed before could you please post links to the threads?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones