Android can run without touchscreen??

Last Updated:

1. pipskicks

pipskicks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is random, not necessarily towards the Hero, but I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about how the phone can be used completely from just the buttons/trackball, so I tried it on my Hero. I can scroll to any page, but I can't pick an icon...

It's interesting that the phone CAN do a lot without the touchscreen, but I think it's extremely difficult. Even if they WORK, they are so difficult to use, and the touchscreen is so easy, that I can't imagine anyone using the trackball more than the screen.

I was just wondering what you guys thought, even though the trackball does a lot, I really don't like using it EVER (unless I wrote a big word and I want to change a letter). And if they made a "Curve-style" phone with buttons and a smaller screen that wasn't touch, I think it would be horrible!

Advertisement
  2. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

you can pick icons by clicking meno scroll to all programs then it brings up the launcher and then you can go through them and jut click the trackball on whatever you want to open

3. pipskicks

pipskicks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah so you can get the list, but that would really make the homescreen a lot less useful. I guess that makes them half correct because if they made a non-touch screen they couldn't leave it that way, you'd at least have to be able to scroll through your homescreen icons.

4. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

I use the trackball a lot, especially when copying text, navigating and clicking on areas within the browser that has a lot of links close together, and moving apps/widgets from one scene to the other.

5. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

I just sit there and roll my trackball around...it feels good...:D;)