• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Capability

libra008

Lurker
May 20, 2011
Excuse my total ignorance but I am moving from a PDA where I never used it for Internet to a Smartphone (Incredible S or Desire HD most likely).

I am wondering what the browsing performance will be like with Android if I had Gmail + Yahoo Mail & Messenger + MSN open and listening to music at the same time. Will the browsing be slow or reasonable quick?

Also any info on the clarity of Phone conversations on the HTC Brand would be welcome.

I looked at a couple of Galaxy S phones in the stores but the screens seemed very hesitant to accept my finger scrolling across an Icon whereas the HTC Desire HD seemed to work every time.

Thanks in advance to anyone prepared to help a novice:)

None of the phones will be as good an organizer or as easy to sync as your PDA.
Using that as a given, read the fora on all the phones you are interested in, go to a store and play with them. If you aren't tied to a carrier, then you have a lot of leeway to find the best for you. (I'm a PDA user)

All of the new phones are very capable, but there can be bad apples in any barrel.

There is a major list of all the phones right here. Spend your time reading about the models you are interested in and ask like you are doing now.

Reactions: libra008
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones