• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android captures my screen without permission

Hi,

I have recently acquired an Android phone running Gingerbread 2.3.4. I have noticed that from time to time, my phone screen is being captured at random times (I see a shutter effect on the screen and hear the sound of a camera). It's happened more than a dozen times, I see these screen captures in my Gallery. I have not installed any screen capture app. They seem to occur at random times, I didn't press or click on anything. I'm worried this is a malware trying to capture my screens without my permission in order to get information, but then if it's a malware, I'd assume that they'd make it more subtle and not put a sound effect to the screen capture. This is really weird, I have no idea what's going on!

thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones