1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Android Commander Problems

1. Transfusiionz

Transfusiionz George Carlin FTW! VIP Member

Hello! I'm trying to rip a few .apk's from my phone, but Android Commander won't recognize it, tried all three connection modes. Nothing works. I'm pretty sure it's something stupid. I'm running BrokenOut 1.1 with a few tweaks. It's been doing this for a bit now, and it worked with my friends HTC Rezound (great phone btw if you're switching to Verizon anytime soon:D) Any help appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

You dont have to have anything special installed to run Android Commander so it has to be something on the phone.

Internet Connection is the only USB setting needed with USB debugging obviously. I would uninstall commander and reinstall it just to make sure its not anything with commander first and then go from there.
  3. Transfusiionz

I did that about 4 hours ago, didn't work before or after.. It only worked once for me.
    Is there any other way to got .apk's off of the phone?
  4. Fuzzy13

5. Fuzzy13

FAQ

Why the program does not detect my phone? The phone is connected to the computer.
    Reasons may be several:

• Make sure „Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging” is enabled in phone settings.
    • Make sure ADB USB driver is installed on your computer / try to reinstall driver.
    Check if „adb devices” command gives you your device serial number in result.
    Program does not start / freezes during boot / hangs when opening the application manager, what to do?
    Run program in debugging mode and send me created logs, I’ll see what I can do.
    How to run Android Commander in debugging mode?
    There are three ways to do it:

• Open Start->Programs->Android Commander->Debugging Mode
    • Go to program directory and run Android Commander (debugging mode).bat
    • Run program with parameter -debug or -wtf
    hvrc and Trek950 like this.
  6. Transfusiionz

What do you mean by adb drivers? (noob :D) Are those the ones that you get from lg? If you can, link please
    Sorry, didnt see that you had them posted already lol
    Trek950 likes this.
  7. Transfusiionz

No dice, still not recognized, even tried another cable...
  8. Jayy427

Jayy427 Well-Known Member

Are you hard rooted?
  9. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

try restarting your pc,then try it again;)
  10. Fuzzy13

Has nothing to do with it recognizing the phone.
  11. Fuzzy13

My guess is its the drivers. Uninstall all lg drivers on your computer and plug your phone in. Let your computer automatically install the drivers.

Then set your phone up and try again.

You haven't uninstalled any system processes on your phone have you?
    Transfusiionz likes this.
  12. Transfusiionz

Sorry for the late response, I've been, and still am a bit busy. I'll have to get to it tomorrow, thanks for the info!
  13. Fuzzy13

No problem. Hit me up tomorrow if you still don't get it.
  14. Transfusiionz

Ok, finally got some time to screw around. I reinstalled everything and my phone is in internet connection with debug enabled and still nothing.
    Thanks for all the help guys

Ok, got it working now. I used charge only mode lol. Didn't think of that lol.
  15. Fuzzy13

That makes no sense at all. I've never seen a phone that had to use charge only to get it to work.

Something is misaligned in your phone somewhere cause that aint right.
  16. Transfusiionz

Well it works and that's all that matters. It's working perfectly fine right now in internet connection. Guess I had to jump start it with charge only? I don't know lol it was weird but it works now. and how can I get a complete ICS look on #2 rom?
  17. Fuzzy13

Download my ICS 4.0 theme and download the HOLO Launcher :D

http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/551592-theme-ics-4-0-zvd.html#post4404806

I still think that something was off with your drivers or something. Like you said it works now.
  18. Transfusiionz

Yeah, I'm not sure what was wrong, but oh well lol, unlikely to happen again.
    And your theme is awesome lol, but I'm going to stick to glow legacy red pro with adw launcher ex, wicked sick theme.