Android composite adb interface?

1. kidhudi

kidhudi Well-Known Member

i am unable to root my phone. i did the steps EXACTLY as they apper in the instrucional video. when i install the driver from unrevoked it shows as "android bootloader" then i unplug the usb plug and reboot the phone (battery removal method as in the video) and launch unrevoked as administrator. plug the phone in when prompted and all starts rolling along smoothly until it says "rebooting phone" then the white screen that says HTC never turns off and the phone never reboots. then i get a message " could no communicate with phone.. try again" then the phone reboots with no changes just an app called zysexploit. but i see the usb driver is changed to "android composite usb interface" i tried EVERYTHING turned off zonealarm turned off avast nothing works. how do i FREE MY PHONE FROM BONDAGE.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    PS i tried also on anothe win7 machine and had exactly the same results. if all fails i am going to do it on my brother-in-laws MAC. seems foolproof on those things
    Peace

Advertisement
  2. kidhudi

Sorry to be a pain-in-the-rump. but do you think it is safe to run unrevoked in safe mode?
    (no pun intended)
  3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You can run it in safe mode, but I'd try the mac first.
  4. kidhudi

thanks for the reply i will definately do as you suggested.
    peace